Construction Management Assurance Manager
Principally working within the Construction Management business within Transportation
To support and assist the QSSE Practice Director and Construction Management QSSE team across the disciplines of Health, Safety, Quality, Security and Environmental Management.
To review compliance to standards through site inspections and business/process audits against HQSE and CDM legislation, ISO/OHSAS and Principal Contractor/Corporate requirements.
Accountable to the QSSE Practice Director for the development and compliance to standards, legislation following an incident, accident or close call and monitoring through audit that these are embedded with our employee and contractors.
To undertake supplier audits based on risk as identified by the business and/or for new suppliers into Atkins SNC-Lavalin.
To produce accurate assurance reports, identify lessons learnt or areas of improvement that can be implemented into our project teams with a collaborative approach.
- Internal Auditor qualification (Lead auditor advantageous)
- Evidence of previously completing audits e.g. ISO/OHSAS standard etc.
- Knowledge of construction/installation and associated rules and regulations (CDM Regs)
- Understanding of the ISO9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- To provide business process/supplier audits and/or site inspections of our supply chain partners, employees and contractors working on our projects, thus supporting the assurance of the activities and compliance.
- To identify non-conformance and recommended improvements that can be shared across our projects, including consideration of behaviours
- To liaise closely with the QSSE Practice Director to ensure that areas required for review from an industry level are within the audit assurance plan. This may be the result of an accident/incident or close call within other Industry companies.
- Ensuring information is provided to the QSSE Co-ordinator to enable monitoring and assurance, which will support evidence for ISO, OHSAS, PC Licence and Corporate audits.
- To maintain and update the HQSE audit schedule.
- Supporting the requirements of Transportation assurance as requested by the QSSE Practice Director.
- Building collaborative working relationships with QSSE, project and construction management team.
Needs to be able to produce meaningful assurance reports in a timely manner and communicate with auditees in an effective manner.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Awareness of Risk Management Models beneficial but not essential or any other model (e.g. RM3 in Rail,, OCRA etc).
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles