This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Construction Manager in Chalk River, Ontario, Canada.
SCOPE OF WORK
• The Construction Manager will play a key role in leading the execution of various Capital Projects at the site in Chalk River.
• The Construction Manager is expected to be a safety leader on the site and thus will be required to demonstrate past experience in executing work with a safety focus and an emphasis on human performance.
• A key function of the Construction Manager will be to mentor and develop the Capital Projects construction team. It is expected that the Construction Manager will introduce, expose and or assist in the implementation of nuclear construction and common industry practices to the Capital Projects construction team through their experience in the execution of major construction projects elsewhere.
• Reporting to the Director of Projects, the Construction Manager will be responsible for the management and oversight of all Capital construction projects at the site at Chalk River. A wide variety of projects and performed at Chalk River and include construction of new facilities & structures, civil works & infrastructure, utilities & services, building renovations, equipment upgrades and IT improvements. Most of the projects include a nuclear context and therefore previous experience in the execution of projects on a nuclear site is an asset.
• The Construction Manager will be expected to manage and oversee the execution multiple projects of various sizes and complexities.
• The roles and responsibilities of the Construction Manager are as follows:
• Supervise, mentor and develop the Capital Projects construction team
• Management of day to day oversight of construction contractors on site. This includes work coordination, safety program implementation, work plan and ITP oversight.
• Oversee the development and rollout of industry standard construction processes such as work management, safe work practices, and contractor management.
• Participation in review and qualification of new contractors at the site.
• Work with various missions in the integration and rollout of common construction processes and procedures throughout the site.
• At least 25 years demonstrated progressive construction management experience with recent experience as construction manager, ideally in a nuclear environment
• Excellent knowledge and experience in the execution of construction safety programs under Ontario’s Occupation Health and Safety Act
• Excellent leadership, team building and managerial skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to analyse processes and impacts, provide recommendations and develop solutions
• Ability to manager multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
• Flexibility to work extended hours
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.