Why join SNC-Lavalin?
Reporting to the Senior Vice-President Major Projects, we are looking for Construction Managers to work on major projects in Toronto or Vancouver.
At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn.
The Construction Manager will be responsible for leading a multidisciplinary construction team in the execution of a project under an Alliance Delivery model. This will include building a collaborative team to work initially to win the project, followed by delivery and commissioning of the project.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design,
budget and schedule, with a reporting function to the alliance project lead.
- Interfaces with client representatives, architect representatives, union officials, subcontractors,
security, etc, under an Alliance delivery framework in an open and transparent way.
- Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel working in accordance
with the overall program objectives.
- Authorize / approve all project personnel transactions including hiring, transfers, wages, etc.,
purchase requisitions, change requests, etc.
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to.
- Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required.
- Embraces innovation and cost effectiveness during the project lifecycle
- Ensure that the project is conducted with the highest standards of quality and integrity
- Actively support subordinate development through mentoring and training
What will you contribute?
- Minimum of 20 years experience with a post education degree/diploma and 10+ years of
construction management experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and
- Expert knowledge on Construction Safety Standards with ability to drive safety culture
- The candidate must also have experience in an integrated team approach to construction
including IPD, experience in building hospitals / acute healthcare is an asset with consideration
also given to the construction management of major building projects, if no hospital experience.
- Proven people leader with solid experience management and developing multidisciplinary
teams including working with labor unions and First Nations.
- Results-oriented with an extremely high work ethic, excellent communication, planning skills
stringent quality standards, and a can-do attitude.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of modern construction techniques including incorporation
of digital modeling and tools for efficiency in construction and for the benefit of client life cycle
(technology, equipment, methods); company policies, procedures and standards, union
jurisdiction, labor agreements and negotiations essential – experience with BCIB an advantage
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world. SNC-Lavalin connects people, technology and data to help shape and deliver world-leading concepts and projects, while offering comprehensive innovative solutions across the asset lifecycle. Our expertise is wide-ranging — consulting & advisory, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and sustaining capital – and delivered to clients in four strategic sectors: EDPM (engineering, design and project management), Infrastructure, Nuclear and Resources, supported by Capital. People. Drive. Results. www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs