Construction Project Administrator
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Miami, FL Construction Management Group as Construction Project Administrator.
Under direction, provides direction in all conventional and unconventional aspects of construction engineering to manage project construction observation and documentation activities, monitoring contractors' substantial compliance with contract, plans, specifications and special provisions and determining project quality, cost, and adherence to established completion schedule. NOTE: Incumbents do not supervise any contractor's activities and are not responsible for job site safety.
- Analyzes construction project requirements in terms of personnel required for observation of construction progress and for testing and sampling of materials.
- Schedules and oversees the work of internal staff assigned to observation and testing activities.
- Observes construction progress in the field and writes reports to record observations and summarize test results.
- Monitors contractors' progress against established schedule.
- Reviews payment requests and authorizes payments up to assigned dollar limit, or submits them to more senior personnel for authorization.
- Recommends solutions to field construction problems, acting as intermediary between contractor and internal staff.
- Provides input for the preparation of final estimate package.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, or related field and four years related experience.
- With Associate's degree, twelve years of related experience.
- Without a degree, fourteen years related experience is required.
- Leadership and managerial skills.
- Analytical and organization skills.
- Ability to supervise field representatives and field office personnel.
- P.E. Desired.
- CTQP Final Estimates Level II required.
- CTQP Quality Control Manager Course is required.
- FDOT Advanced MOT is required.
- Complete the Critical Structures Construction Issues, Self Study Course, and submit the mandator Certification of Course Completion Form.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.