Construction Shift Manager
The Shoreline Power Group is a Joint Venture of Aecon, AECOM and SNC-Lavalin. Shoreline Power Group will be completing the Fuel Channel and Feeder Replacement (FCFR) project. The joint venture has been awarded a contract by Bruce Power to execute the Unit 6 FCFR at the Bruce Nuclear Generating Station in Kincardine, Ontario.
This project is part of Bruce Power’s Life Extension Program, which will allow Bruce Power’s CANDU units to continue to operate safely through to 2064, the project is the centrepiece of the Major Component Replacement (MCR) program to replace the main components of the reactor. Unit 6 is the first of six reactors being replaced by Bruce Power through the MCR program.
The scope of work includes the removal and replacement of calandria tubes, pressure tubes, and feeders for Unit 6, as well as construction management and trade labour. Work is scheduled to commence in June 2020, with expected completion in the third quarter of 2022.
II.PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Shoreline Construction Shift Manager is accountable for the direct execution of the construction work in the MCR Project as per established schedules and plans. The Shoreline Construction Shift Manager will be responsible for the supervision, coordination and scheduling of construction activities on the MCR project to execute Feeder and Fuel Channel Replacement. While on shift they report jointly and directly to both the Fuel Channel Project Manager and the Feeder Project Manager. Functionally the Shoreline Construction Shift Manager reports to the Execution Director.
III.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to lead the entire shift crew including, Project Coordinators, General Foremen and trades, Tooling Subject Matter Experts, QC and Safety Advisors.
- Drive compliance to Plans/Schedules, resolve issues, and identify and mitigate risks,
- Interface with Bruce Power Work Coordinator and Construction Oversight.
- Create collaboration and Partnering with Bruce Power, Engineering, Quality, and the OCC.
- Responsible to communicate directly to the Project Manager or Execution Director to escalate issues, as per escalation protocol and report on progress.
- Primary responsibility for the implementation and enforcement of safety, quality and human performance programs
- Ensures that Joint Venture and Client policies and project procedures are being adhered to and followed by project personnel
- Utilize project master schedule, detailed look ahead schedules and plans for trade superintendent, general foreman and subcontractor use
- Monitor and manage risks, develop recovery strategies when project schedule or budget are in jeopardy
- Be open to feedback from both their direct leaders, the Fuel Channel Project Manager and the Feeder Project Manager, as well as their functional lead the Execution Director.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of direct hire trade labour and subcontractors, efficient use of materials and tools & equipment and contractual performance of the project
- Ensure project is constructed in compliance with drawings, specifications, Comprehensive Work Packages (CWPs), and Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs)
- Interface with client representatives, design engineers, consultants, other contractors, etc.
- Ensure project is constructed in accordance with the Aecon QA Program and project quality plans.
- Lead by seeking continuous improvement in all areas of the work. Gather daily inputs from the team on improvement areas and take initiative to implement improvements, no matter how small.
I.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 5 years construction and subcontractor supervision experience
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction such as; technology, equipment, methods, trade agreements and jurisdiction, engineering, cost control, scheduling and safety requirements
- Experience in managing major refurbishment or complex Nuclear projects
- Experience managing and working in a large joint venture
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, blue prints and specifications
- Must have a full appreciation of the importance of Quality Assurance Programs and their significance to the nuclear industry
- Fiscal responsibility as required by the Joint Venture agreement.
III.EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
- Customers, suppliers, JV Partners
- Project Managers, project personnel, estimating personnel
- Trades personnel, union business agents
•Various work locations in both field and office
- Willing to work shifts, days and nights including weekends
•Travel as necessary
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world's largest engineering and construction companies. We offer an opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in North America. You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.