This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Faithful+Gould are currently looking for an experienced Commercial/Contracts Manager to form part of our Programme/Project Management Consultant (PMC) project team based in Dubai. This will be a UAE / Regional support role across F+Gs project portfolio as opposed to being project based. Typical projects include high rise towers, mixed use developments, hotels & hospitality projects, large retail schemes (malls), airports and healthcare.
- Support to all existing operations within a private sector organisation, through all the project phases, particularly those related to Commercial Management (procurement, cost, contractual etc), assessing both the strengths and weaknesses and compiling a comprehensive reports for presentation to the client.
- Full quantity surveying services as required
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing F+G reputation with the Client and developing effective long term client relationships thus identifying and developing new opportunities for the group
- Must be conversant in all of the following:
- Procurement Management which includes the development of a procurement and contracting strategy
- Contract Management and Administration including the supervision, review, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on all consultant and contractor contracts
- Budget and Cost Control – provide an oversight of the Master Budget and each of the constituent projects and contracts which form part of the overall programme
- Payment Applications – review of all the payment applications with a summary of all findings and a final recommendation on payments
- Variation Assessment – review, assess, value all variations and make recommendations to the client
- Claims Management – review, identify and track causes, check validity, assess time and cost impacts and make recommendations to the client
- Final Accounts – manage the preparation, submittal, review and settlement of accounts
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include, Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
- Degree qualified professional who has reached Managerial level
- 15 years of experience and preferably have experience similar to this project/role
- Membership of a recognised professional body
- Capable of reviewing existing operations within an organisation through all the project phases (processes and procedures in both office and site)
- Assessing both the strengths and weaknesses and assisting in compiling a bespoke set of process and procedures of all of the activities including but not limited to quality, progress, commercial matters, value, safety, design and construction
- An experienced Commercial/Contracts Manager with a demonstrable track record in the delivery of large multi functional projects
- Knowledge of project controls procedures
- A “rounded profile”, comfortable with planning, analysis and managing process and commercial considerations. The successful candidate should also be able to drive for a successful delivery
- Effective in building good working relationships within complex structures both within projects, with clients and internally
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in USA, Canada or Western European Countries is preferable.
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants