Control System Software Developer - Courtice
Control System Software Developer - Courtice
We are currently looking for a Control System Software Developer to join our team based in Courtice.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but not limited to):
- Responsible for timely execution of the assigned scope in the assigned software project capacities.
- Performing the suitability assessment (and qualification where needed) of system hardware and pre-developed
- software components.
- Responsible for designing, installing and testing of an assigned product test environment.
- Responsible for integrating software and hardware components and preparing software engineering documents such as test procedures, test reports, operation manuals etc.
- Responsible for site support and software maintenance services.
- Implementing and maintaining the development environment (hardware and software) required to support project activities, including tool installation, backup and disaster recovery.
- Implementing and maintaining key project support systems (i.e., configuration management, document management and change control systems) for the tooling department.
- Support the selection and qualification of Control Systems hardware by the tooling group.
- Assist in preparing validation tests and/or review the results of the validation testing.
- Responsible for change control - Using configuration management system provided by his/her department to maintain software files, releases and documentation.
- Preparing and maintaining work plans for the control software change activities.
- Responsible for OPEX Review - Assembling OPEX and assessing what changes should be incorporated in the future designs of Tooling and Equipment.
- Responsible to uphold the technical quality of the assigned scope.
- Responsible to report and suggest resolution to any potential impacts to technical quality identified by the various tool manufactures and vendors.
- Responsible for the assigned software project planning and scheduling activities.
- Prepare and deliver presentations related to software development and maintenance to client, as required.
- Ensure all work activities are performed safely, in collaboration with the Project Safety Manager.
- Identify potential work scopes and opportunities for growth.
May require providing technical guideline and supervision to junior control software engineer or tech as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (include, but not limited to):
- Honours degree in electrical, computer, or related engineering discipline from a university of recognized standing
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience with proven capabilities in PLC programming
- Experience with Siemens PLC programming – Step 7, S7-SCL, S7-GRAPH, S7-Starter, SIMATIC NET, WinCC Flexbile
- and S7 Distributed Safety.
- Siemens SCADA programming experience – WinCC Classic.
- Knowledge of Siemens PROFIBUS and PROFITNET communication protocols
- Experience with PELCO video systems is an asset
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Nuclear Quality Assurance program knowledge is an asset
- Engineering Change Control program knowledge is an asset
- Must have good analytical ability and effective decision making skills
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Situational awareness and effective problem solving skills
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs