Conventional New Build Project Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Project Manager (Conventional New Build) in Chalk River, Ontario, Canada.
SCOPE OF WORK
• The Conventional New Build (CNB) Project Manager will be responsible for the design and construction of 3 new facilities at the site in Chalk River, the Logistics Warehouse, the Support Facility and the Business Hub.
• These facilities are being constructed at the site under an integrated project delivery (IPD) model under a single contract. The Project Manager represents the Owner and is part of the IDP project management team (PMT).
• Reporting to Director of New Build Projects, the Project Manager shall be responsible for executing the project and ensuring that is preformed safely, in accordance with the governing contact, established quality requirements and within the approved budgets and schedules. The Project Manager will produce regular reports for both internal and external consumption by the client.
• We are looking for a PM who has experience in end to end project execution; form initial planning and project internal approvals through to procurement, engineering and construction, commissioning and closeout. Experience working as part of an IPD team would be an asset.
• We are looking for a PM who is a leader, who can build and motivate a high performing team and who can think outside the box to solve complex problems.
EXPERIENCE & QUALFICATIONS
• 10-15 years demonstrated experience in a project manager role
• The ideal candidate will have experience in project execution under an integrated project delivery model
• Preferably an engineer with a degree from a recognized university with experience in the design and construction of commercial buildings with a focus on sustainability and energy conservation.
• PMI qualification an asset but not a requirement
• Solid knowledge of cost, scheduling, forecasting and reporting and working within an Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
• Excellent leadership and managerial skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to analyse processes and impacts, provide recommendations and develop solutions
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet thigh deadlines and work under pressure
• Flexibility to work extended hours
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.