Organisations are under increasing pressure to drive productivity, improve performance, and reduce costs. SNC-Lavalin Atkins business consultants provide independent advice and practical support to government departments, regulated industries and other public institutions, and private sector companies. We identify an organisation’s unique drivers for change and work with them to develop the transformation programmes and projects that will deliver the greatest benefits. Our role as a trusted advisor allows us to offer rewarding careers to people who want to enhance their skills and build on their experience.
As a member of Atkins’ Business Modelling and Analytics Team you will help clients to understand the key drivers of cost and benefit in their organisation. You will quantify the potential impact of major investments or business change, enabling senior managers to optimise the solution before it is implemented and take decisions based on the best available evidence.
You will work alongside colleagues with a wide range of expertise, from strategy and change management to systems engineering and portfolio, programme and project management. The diversity of opportunities available is matched by the scope and complexity of the projects we’re tasked with. We thrive on solving problems and our aim on every project is to come up with exactly the right solution, not a one-size-fits-all approach.
You will undertake the following tasks:
• Modelling of complex cost scenarios covering current and future investment options;
• Analysis of cost, schedule and risk throughout the life of these potential solutions;
• Determination of cost effectiveness, in support of business cases for acquisition and support;
• Determination of affordability and programme budgets;
• Operational analysis in support of decision making and to establish operational effectiveness;
• Interfacing with customers to help define and clarify requirements;
• Generation of reports and presentation of findings to stakeholders.
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Experience of collecting, collating and interpreting cost data from previous projects, supplier estimates, internal experts and published sources;
• Familiarity and confidence in using spreadsheets to create basic and complex cost estimating models;
• A good understanding of the principles, guidelines and methods used in the cost analysis of equipment, systems and capabilities;
• Experience of analysing cost data and providing support to business cases;
• A track record of effective liaison with clients and stakeholders.
You will have/be:
• Degree/higher degree qualified or equivalent.
• Strong attention to detail. Numerate.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Flexible approach to work, able to work alone or as part of a team.
• Experience in a relevant consultancy environment;
• Experience of risk management/modelling;
• Experience of schedule modelling;
• Experience of operational analysis methods;
• Experience of conducting economic appraisals that support a comparison of acquisition options on a cost versus effectiveness basis;
• Familiarity with MoD acquisition processes and CAAS assurance.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for full details of our rewards package which includes the opportunity to purchase an additional 15 days annual leave per year.
You are required to be flexible in terms of work location and travel. If deployed at client site you should be geographically mobile and be prepared to work on-site anywhere in the UK.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.