This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Our team is growing in California! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have 5 to 10 years cost engineering experience with complex, multiphase, multimillion-dollar construction and/or renovation projects. General position duties include: preparation of detailed cost reports, review and analysis of project expenditures, interfacing with project managers and subject matter experts to maintain accurate forecasts, and preparation of supplemental reporting materials for budget presentations. This position will be located at our premier client site in Los Angeles. This is a full-time internal position with Faithful+Gould with full benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leading integrated project and program management consultancy. We build long term partnerships with our clients because we are trusted to deliver. Through intellect, innovation, positive thinking and problem solving, we protect and maximize our clients’ interests. We call this Constructive Expertise.
Operating at the forefront of our industry for more than 65 years, we are headquartered in New York, and provide our quality services from strategically located offices across the Americas.
We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
• During the assignment, the Cost Engineer’s responsibilities may include:
• Monitor project budgets for the multibillion-dollar Capital Improvement Program.
• Review all project commitments to ensure that both budgets and expenditures follow the same methodology.
• Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative
• reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
• Perform contemplate analysis for all cost elements within a project, taking into consideration: staffing plans, contract commitments, expenditures to date, change orders and trends.
• Review and analyse subcontractor invoices and prepare job costing reports to allocate expenditures to the appropriate WBS number(s).
• Attend project meetings to provide Project Management with current financial information.
• Analyze bid award values and change orders against current budgets for contractors and
• subcontractors. Conduct regular reconciliations with the Contractor’s accounting staff to ensure the accuracy of all contract values.
• Update contract commitments, reconcile and analyze actual expenditures, perform budget transfers, and monitor trend status.
• Prepare budget transfers, as needed, to reallocate funding and to close out the project.
• Prepare data to support documentation required journal vouchers for budget transfers.
• Prepare monthly program reports and supplements.
• 5 to 10 years cost engineering experience with 3 to 5years in direct support of an active
• construction projects.
• Demonstrated experience managing and reporting the cost components of large-scale, complex
• Demonstrated proficiency with a large-scale cost reporting system is required; experience with
• Prolog is highly desirable.
• Thorough familiarity with MS office suite software Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Excel skills
• should include solid knowledge of complex formulas, Pivot tables, and lookups.
• Experience with Design Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction programs, and explain
• nuanced cost issues to both technical and management level personnel.
• Proven ability to collaborate with all team members
• Motivated and result driven individual focused on growing within PDG’s Project Controls discipline
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous time off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs