Cyber Security Analyst
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking a Cyber Security Analyst to join the nuclear team in Oak Ridge, TN.
- Responsible for the deployment, configuration and operation of cyber security systems necessary to protect the corporations information technology infrastructure. Cyber security systems include firewalls, intrusion prevention, security information and event management, vulnerability scanner, web filter, email security, proxy servers and antivirus. The infrastructure components include firewalls, routers, switches, virtual hosts, storage area networks, servers and workstations. Operation of the cyber security systems includes reviewing and analyzing security related events and taking action as required to protect the confidentially, integrity and availability of corporations business systems. The environment includes integration with cloud based systems such as Office 365, enterprise resource planning and other cloud software as a service.
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to current threat and vulnerability reports from various sources including US Cert, Department of Homeland Security, SANS, the FBI and IT hardware and software suppliers.
- Responsible for monitoring compliance of the corporations security program. The program is based on NIST standards and other US Government requirements.
- This position requires U.S. citizenship.
- Monitor firewall activity and take actions as needed to protect the network.
- Analyze reports of suspicious email messages and determine if they contain malicious attachment or links.
- Develop criteria for blocking or quarantining of email messages. Monitor quarantines and analyze if messages should be released or deleted.
- Configure and tune intrusion prevention systems.
- Investigate antivirus system notification alerts and take appropriate action.
- Interact with corporation personnel that report suspicious or unusual network or system activity.
- Develop cyber security notices for distribution to all personnel based on cyber security events.
- Ensure that the proper level of risk is managed to prevent unacceptable, adverse impact on information and information systems recommending modifications to cyber security measures as needed to management.
- Ensure that periodic cyber security assessments are conducted and documented.
- Maintain current knowledge of threats that can affect information systems.
- Participate in cyber security inspections, certifications, tests, and reviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required in cyber security, computer science or related technical discipline
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE "Q" personnel security clearance
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) desired
- Minimum of five years of recent technical experience in a cyber security role required.
- Familiarity with NIST standards is preferred
REQUIRED & DESIRED SKILLS
- Must be able to defend a corporate network/infrastructure from cyber security attacks
- Ability to deploy, monitor, manage and operate Cisco equipment including firewalls, routers, switches and intrusion prevention
- Familiarity with network management and monitoring systems including ability to detect anomalies
- Ability to configure security and compliance components of Office 365
- Ability to manage maintain and tune email security products such as Cisco Email Securit Appliance (ESA)
- Must have skills and experience managing and operating Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems
- Ability to manage web filtering systems and maintain Internet site whitelists and blacklists
- Must be able to evaluate Internet sites for cyber security risks
- Ability to respond to various incidents of security concern
- Ability to perform vulnerability scans, interpret results, recommend and prioritize actions for remediation
- Advanced knowledge of hardware/software cyber security implementation, including encryption techniques/tools
- Monitor and respond to other automated security alerts and events
- Must have good writing skills and be able to develop process and procedure documents
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles