Data Integration Engineer
Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called IT Services(ITS). Our ITS business is made up of digital, user service, technology and project management experts, working across multiple regions. Our teams are supporting globally including those based in offices and working on remote sites with our clients where we partner the business on some of the worlds iconic design and build and infrastructure projects.
Purpose of the Role
Integration Engineer to support the delivery of multi-organisational integration projects and enterprise data-warehouse (including MDM, ODS and historic, modelled data).
The ideal candidate will be an experienced software developer with a background in building data pipelines, who enjoys optimising systems as well as building them from the ground up. The position holder will support our software developers, architects and analysts on initiatives and will ensure the optimal delivery architecture is applied throughout ongoing and future projects
• Create and maintain optimal integration solutions including data pipeline architecture
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re- designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using on-premise SQL and Azure ‘big data’ technologies
• Build, using Power BI outputs that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
• Work with stakeholders including the business leaders, product & data teams to assist with technical issues and support their infrastructure need
• Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries and compliant with client requirements where necessary
• Experience delivering integration solutions using modern software technologies and techniques: Backend Technologies: ASP.NET Core using C#, Entity Framework Core. UI Technologies: AngularJS, Angular (TypeScript), Razor Pages, Blazor
• A successful history of using DevOps best practises including backlog management, Source Control (Git), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) with Azure DevOps
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
• Experiences with on-premise SQL services: SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services
• Experience with Azure cloud services: Web Apps, Hybrid Connections, Storage, Application Insights, Containerization, Azure Active Directory, Azure Automation, Key Vault, SQL Database, SQL Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Data Factory, Data Bricks, PowerBI
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.