SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with over 50,000 employees worldwide. At Atkins, we offer more than just a job. We offer an opportunity to make a difference and shape the world to benefit future generations and the environment. We have a strong Equality, Diversity and Inclusion ethos. The Contaminated Land & Hydrogeology Practice is a well-established, award winning, multi-disciplinary, environmental and engineering practice with an extensive portfolio of regeneration and development projects and a highly skilled team; notably with staff winning various awards over the past years. Atkins’ CLAH practice uses the full range of their skills, working on land contamination, engineering hydrogeology and water resources projects as well as providing innovative solutions to engineering challenges. Our client and project base are highly diverse with current projects in the nuclear new build, oil and gas, regeneration and redevelopment and major road and rail sectors. We work on projects in the UK and around the world.
Effective management of geo-environmental data is increasingly critical to the successful delivery of our services. Underpinning good data management is collaboration. We work with our clients on projects of all sizes to ensure that systems are in place to handle data collection including site walkovers, ground investigation and monitoring data through to remediation.
We have a great opportunity for a dynamic and motivated Data Manager to join our Contaminated Land & Hydrogeology (CLAH) team in the UK to drive technical digital delivery. We are looking for someone who can drive and support good practice in data management and train and support colleagues in the CLAH practice. The CLAH practice is looking for a dedicated data manager to support all our projects, our staff and to drive technological change to meet and exceed client expectations. The data manger will work closely with the CLAH Digital Lead to embed the role into projects, support the implementation of the business strategy and manage day-to-day technical project/bid related queries. Our data manager will also work with our CLAH project bid managers and project teams to create and implement bespoke data management plans to enable effective and efficient data collection, transfer, storage and processing and meet specification requirements in accordance with the CLAH digital strategy and initiatives. The demands of the role will flex depending on workload initially this could be combined with existing roles and expand to a full-time role in the future as data management becomes more embedded across CLAH projects.
The successful candidate will be an important part of an innovative and technically excellent team helping deliver projects to a number of the largest UK-based and international infrastructure projects. We are looking for highly motivated, proactive, confident and ambitious individual with excellent communication, writing and presentation skills and proven experience in data management. Location is flexible with offices around the country. It is desirable but not essential for the candidate to have a background in land contamination and ground conditions, chemical analysis and liaison with laboratories and GI contractors.
- The production of high quality AGS/GIS format data.
- Support project / bid teams in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards.
- Drive and develop the CLAH’s data QA processes.
- Ensure the accuracy and consistency of data and project deliverables.
- Update and develop CLAH standard documents and standard operating procedures for different digital tools.
- Provide guidance and liaise with other technical employees on data issues.
- Advance the development and management of electronic laboratory scheduling.
- Assist in the development of marketing material including brochures and data sheets for use in promotion when speaking to clients and to provide in bids.
- Keeping up to date with new digital tools and innovations especially in the field of data management.
- Ensure that innovative solutions for data storage, management and transfer are produced and that all identified data management risks are mitigated.
- Assist with reports and data extraction.
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications.
- Monitor and analyse information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.).
- Experience in handling data for projects (AGS, GIS, CSV and other formats excluding Excel) including QA processes.
- Experience in data management including for example spatial environmental data and/or ground investigation, including liaison with Clients and Contractors. BIM skills are also desirable.
- Understanding of data administration and management functions.
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills, attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to support the learning of colleagues.
- Driven to make a difference to the success of the national digital strategy and CLAH 2021 initiatives.
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies.
- Enthusiastic to learn new skills and digital tools.
- Background in and good technical/engineering assessments including knowledge of ground investigation, land contamination and ground conditions and chemical analysis of soil and groundwater.
- Proven experience as data manager.
- Client collaboration to produce and implement data management plans and suggesting digital innovation on projects.
- Experience creating and enforce policies for effective data management.
- Experience establishing rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
- Electronic scheduling of geotechnical and contamination laboratory testing via AGS4.
- Python proficiency.
What we offer
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to conventional full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you perform to the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving Chartership via relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package .
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies and together, we have over 50,000 employees worldwide. At Atkins, we offer m
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with over 50,000 employees worldwide. At Atkins, we offer more than just a j
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs