Data/Solutions Architect & Project Manager
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Denver, CO Software Development Group as a Data/Solutions Architect & Project Manager.
Working with Sales and Senior Management, applies expertise in Software Development Life Cycle to identify new opportunities, engage current and potential customers and provide technical oversight of projects from scoping through maintenance. Working with Project Manager, provides overall technical management for software projects. May be required to perform integrations directly and must have working knowledge of integrations to perform quality reviews of data/solution team integration work. Engages in leadership role in the Software Development Group by implementing innovative solutions and practices.
May act as a client contact, technical lead, and/or project manager.
- With project manager, supports technical managers in identifying new business opportunities for the firm and in marketing the firm’s capabilities and services among existing and prospective clients.
- Conducts client technical requirements analysis.
- Works with Project Manager in the preparation of project work plans, scopes, schedules and budgets from a technical perspective.
- Manages the implementation of Software Solutions through the Software Development Life Cycle and ensures standards are met in accordance to adopted best practices.
- Ensures project deadlines are met by managing technical schedules based on scope, feature requirements, and technical complexity.
- Develops and evaluates quality assurance plans and criteria for assigned projects.
- Reviews overall software design with Technical Lead and Software Architect.
- Analyzes technical problems and devises new approaches and alternative solutions.
- May act as a technical lead with development responsibilities.
- Maintains continued knowledge of technology developments in the field and use of applicable programming languages.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or B.A in Computer Science or other IT major.
- This level may be achieved by practitioners with 7 years of experience since related Bachelor's degree or 4 years since Master's degree.
- Typical incumbent has 8-10 years' experience.
- Must demonstrate experience in overseeing the design and development of applications and coordinating the work of multiple programmers.
- Must have extensive experience with current object-oriented programming techniques and web development tools.
- Must demonstrate experience with database design and/or administration of enterprise relational database management systems.
- Familiarity in the domain of Geospatial Information Systems is a plus.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, technical writing, and communications skills.
- An industry recognized certification is preferred.
- Must have experience in guiding integrations for enterprise software systems.
- Enterprise Resource Planning and Financial Systems.
- Program and Project Management Systems.
- Enterprise Scheduling Systems.
- GIS and other Geospatial systems.
- Azure & Amazon Web Service (AWS) data warehouses and data lakes.
- Must have experience leading large teams.
- Integration initiatives are tied closely to construction management.
- Background in construction management systems preferred.
- Preferred reporting and dashboarding tools leveraged for integrations and final output include SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, and PowerBI.
- This position may require up to 50% of time spent using these tools while also managing data architecture team which may be comprised of other consultants or clients.
- Strong preference is given to those with the above background.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.