Design Delivery Manager
Design Delivery Manager
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
The Central Rail Systems Alliance is formed by partners Network Rail, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and TSO. The CRSA is responsible for the delivery of multi-disciplinary railway upgrade projects on the North West & Central and Eastern regions of Network Rail’s recently devolved routes. The programme of works delivered by the teams is valued at £2bn and manages the development, design and delivery of Switches and Crossings and Plain Line renewals as its core business but is also responsible for the delivery of major enhancement projects.
We are currently looking for a Design Delivery Manager to join our dynamic and innovative business to lead and grow our portfolio of projects in the North West and Central.
- Portfolio leadership.
- Maintain and develop CRSA / Atkins governance / process and procedures.
- Develop strong key accounts with clients to maintain and win work.
- Responsible for the delivery of projects to stretch cost and programme targets.
- Own accounts and client liaison on a portfolio level.
- Chairing and driving regular portfolio reviews.
- Portfolio income and cost forecast.
- Establish suitably competent teams for the management, supervision and execution of projects and ensure adequate resources are maintained to achieve the objectives of the projects within set budgetary limits.
- Establish and monitor health and safety, environmental responsibilities to ensure compliance with legislation, corporate procedures and objectives.
- Encourage employee development and growth, proven ability to lead an organisation in the Rail sector.
- Innovate service offering to harvest new revenue streams in order to maximise returns.
Personal Qualities and Experience
- Experience in the delivery of Railway Design projects throughout the NR project lifecycle at Project Manager or Engineering Manager level.
- Membership of a professional institution related to competence, Project Management / Engineering.
- Fully conversant in requirements under CDM and other H&S legislation.
- Competent in exercising the duties under CDM (Designer)
- Team leadership and management experience in driving performance and productivity.
- Strong customer focus with a service delivery mindset.
- Sound commercial experience and demonstrable capability in delivering positive results.
- Familiarity of Lean principles.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong safety management culture
- Self-aware and adaptable style to meet varying framework needs
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planner
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs