Digital Design Strategist
We are seeking a dynamic, creative, leader to assume the key role of Digital Design Strategist within our Strategic Services team. As a member of our Toronto engineering team, the Digital Design Strategist has overall accountability for planning effective visual design strategies and helping to develop new digital solutions and digital based content to support our engineering projects across a diverse range of markets.
To succeed in the role, you should have experience in leading teams and a proven track record of developing digital solutions and visual designs to communicate complex technical information.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to be a leader in:
- Mentoring multidisciplinary teams to deliver new digital solutions and digital based content
- Provide artistic and creative direction for our 2D and 3D visualization, Virtual and Augmented reality development teams and engineers
- Provide creative guidance for Information design and visualization
- Support the expansion of our engineering visual design capabilities
- Drive the optimisation of our graphic and creative workflow and processes to maximise efficiency and consistency in design
- Guiding our teams in the planning and execution of visual design and communication for implementing digital innovation, including:
- Identify unmet needs, opportunities and challenges for successful implementation of emerging digital engineering solutions, which will require:
- Support in developing potential new markets and expand existing markets for emerging digital technologies
- Identify new product/service needs and existing product/service gaps
- Create and support the development and implementation of new technology and innovation strategies for internal and external purposes, including:
- Communication, marketing approach and demonstration content to build awareness, drive further interest and promote improved outcomes
- Creative oversight for the successful alignment of innovation initiatives to meet customer needs and assure alignment and communication of benefits to customers needs
- Support our shift into Human Centered design and how we apply current digital solutions to improve engagement and improve clarity in communicating these designs to stakeholders
- Provide guidance on how new innovative solutions and technology can be used to successfully communicate our engineering designs to customers and key stakeholders
- Experience in leading the creative design process with demonstrated experience in the delivery of digital solutions
- Comfortable with technology and the ability to implement or adapt into current processes
- Commitment to collaboration and working in a team environment
- Experienced in developing and delivering presentations on technical subject matter to non-technical audiences
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal direction
- Motivated to mentor staff and share knowledge to help develop teams
Graduate in related discipline with 10 - 15 years of similar experience
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world's largest engineering and construction companies.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in North America. You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles