Document Controller – Birmingham, UK
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Document Controller – Birmingham, UK
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon is a joint venture company set up by SNC-Lavalin and ABB to turnkey electrical AC substation projects, combining SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge.
Linxon’s vision is to deliver the best market offer for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects
Linxon – A Leading Engineering Company:
As one of the leading engineering companies, we help our customers with turnkey solutions in the field of substations for power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
As a single point of contact we combine the accumulated knowhow of key-suppliers and contractors so that customers benefit from efficient solutions, increased industrial productivity and a lower environmental impact in a sustainable way.
To provide support for the preparation, distribution and storage of project specific documentation in line with the company’s document management processes and procedures.
- Ensuring proper version control of all project related documentation in line with company / project procedures for receipt, storage and distribution.
- Distribution of all engineering documentation as per the company / project procedures; to suppliers, client and construction sites.
- Manage the receipt and control of all engineering documentation as per the company / project procedures; from suppliers & client.
- To set up the document management system & document controls process in conjunction with the project team.
- Asist in collation and updating of project document lists.
- Prepare & collate H&S Files, including Technical manuals (O&M) to relevant project requirements.
- Support off site activities related to effective document management control such as scanning and filing of project documentation at customer premises.
- To review, update and communicate progress to date to line manager on project related activities, ensuring key deliverables are completed to relevant standard and to defined deadlines and budget.
- Supports colleagues with advice and guidance on documentation control issues. Provides coaching and guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Contribute to process enhancements related to document management and applies the document management system efficiently
- To be enthusiastic and committed providing high quality support, working closely within a team of dedicated professionals.
- To be capable of working to tight project time scales within a busy team and have an honest and loyal approach.
- To mentor other team members as required
- Strive for continuous improvement in implementation, standards and quality
- Develop customer awareness and business support strategy
- Develop and foster customer relationships to support the client’s documentation requirements.
- Line Managers for resourcing, domain knowledge, training and issues/conflict resolution
- Other principle engineering functions
- Site commissioning, test engineers and installation team
- Customers at offsite locations for scanning and filing activities
- Suppliers for project documentation sourcing, collation and archiving
- Wider project teams incl. project managers, planning and supply chain
- Ensuring customer satisfaction in line with project specific requirements and deadlines
- Achieving successful project support to the full satisfaction of all key stakeholders on time & within a defined budget
- Ensuring continuous improvement for one’s area of responsibility
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Documentation Specialist:
Minimum qualification of associates degree plus two years of applicable experience; or high school diploma, or equivalent plus four years applicable experience
- Associate Documentation Specialist:
High school diploma, or equivalent
- A good team worker with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of automated documentation control packages such as Meridian or similar
- Computer literacy especially skilled in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, CAD tools & Document Management Systems
- knowledge of SOBIS PIRS project information tool.
- Electricity supply industry experience.
- Knowledge of various relevant industry standard client documentation practices including National Grid / SSE / SPEN / DNO requirements.
IOSH Managing Safely or similar
To know more about Linxon click on the Video link below: