Why join us?
TransitNEXT is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin is awarded the design, build, finance and maintenance of the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
As part of the Trillium project based in Ottawa, we are looking for a qualified Document Controller. The incumbent will support the Document Control Lead and/or the Project Controls Manager in the adherence to and implementation of the Document Management Systems (DMS) on projects.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Follows and complies with company, project and document controls function procedures and techniques.
- Part of a multidisciplinary team of document control staff to ensure document management across the project is effectively carried out with consistent performance and value added.
- Assist in the daily activities associated with document management including (but not limited to): reprographic support, data entry, transmittal generation, document compilation, quality auditing of documentation and report generation.
- Coordinate with designated department representatives with duties related to project execution to ensure proper and effective application of document control processes and procedures.
- Support the capture of project document deliverables in accordance with approved processes and procedures for consumption by the project execution team.
- Participate in departmental and project audits to ensure consistent and effective document management services (DMS) are provided.
- Support consistent and efficient information flow between client and contractors.
- Provide assistance in evaluation of the contractor’s information management and document control processes including quality of work, performance and adherence to requirements.
- Support engineering, planning, and construction on queries or investigations requiring retrieval of documentation or traceability information.
- Assist with project closeout and records management.
- Ability to comprehend and adhere to standards, procedures, and basic work processes specific to the administration of document control for projects.
- General knowledge of basic information administration including file organization, document distribution, email usage, and record retention and destruction.
- Perform quality assurance on incoming transmittals, RFIs and memos, against project information management requirements.
- Provide support to the continual improvement, standardization and consistency of document control systems, procedures and work processes.
- Continuously monitor document control performance on projects and advise the document control manager on appropriate action, where necessary, to meet project and functional requirements.
- Support project managers and engineering disciplines within a project with the retrieval of documents.
- Other duties as required.
What will you contribute?
- High School Diploma, college course work.
- Professionally qualified, graduate.
- Experience in document controls within an EPC firm preferred.
- MS Office - Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Document Management system.
- Successful performance in administrative roles supporting contract management, commercial, planning/scheduling and engineering.
- Conversant with operating in a functionally structured organization.
- Effective communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven interpersonal and relationship skills, self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative.
- Ideally experienced in transportation
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You wish to leverage your experience and contribute to this position? Apply now!
*** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS TO CREATE A CANDIDATE POOL FOR A FUTURE POSITION ***
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com