Connect Plus Services (CPS) is a joint venture contract made up of Balfour Beatty Civil Engineering, Atkins and Egis. The contract maintains and operates the M25 and surrounding roads on behalf of Highways England. This involves managing the lifecycle of 250,000 assets and using complex modelling to determine a 30-year £1.5bn forward programme of maintenance and replacement works while meeting predefined business, contract and asset performance targets.
To support the above modelling needs, CPS is in the process of delivering an integrated asset management system and Decision Support Tool (DST) using industry-leading technology from AgileAssets and fieldGO. The asset management system is a desktop and mobile-based solution which manages asset inventory, inspections, condition data and defects. The DST utilises a library of engineering rules, along with asset inventory and condition data, and then runs millions of scenarios to find a forward plan of work which meets all performance targets set by the business.
CPS manages 10 categories of asset. Some of these categories are now implemented in the system and producing forward plans for the business. In other cases, implementation is yet to commence. As such, we are seeking a DST Analyst to join the business to support the development, improvement and operation of the asset management system and DST.
· The DST Analyst will work alongside a current DST Analyst to provide resilience and increased capacity. The ideal candidate will have a mix of skills covering the implementation and operation of asset management systems and DST models, software development, highways engineering, requirements analysis and quality assurance. They will need to be highly flexible and able to work in a variety of roles, including stakeholder engagement, business analysis, data analysis, data migration, system testing, setting up source data sets, defining and setting up decision trees, deterioration models and model constraints, and interpreting model outputs to determine follow-on actions.
- Work with stakeholders to define requirements and solution designs for RMMS and DST
- Develop, enhance, test and support the RMMS application
- Ensure RMMS and DST system documentation is kept up-to-date as the applications evolve
- Work with the business to define and improve DST engineering rules
- Configure the DST with engineering rules (including deterioration models and intervention strategies), model objectives and constraints. This will requirement software development skills using Groovy Script which is similar to Java
- Set up and run processes to migrate asset inventory and condition data from separate IT
Our Latest Articles