The joint venture between SNC-Lavalin and Aecon has been awarded two contracts with Ontario Power Generation (OPG) to carry out the Darlington Retube and Feeder Replacement (RFR) project and Turbine Generator Replacement (TGR) project.
HSE Advisor will be responsible for providing technical support and advice on all aspects of HSE; help assess the implementation of the Program within the workplace, and as required, developing and/or providing related training.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Monitoring compliance to applicable HSE regulations, codes and standards;
- keeping current on HSE developments and trends (e.g., regulatory changes, prosecution outcomes, training resources and techniques, HSE programming ideas and resources, new developments in personal protective equipment and clothing, etc.);
- Participating in the development of risk assessments, including review and maintenance of records;
- Providing reference materials, technical advice, training and support to management and employees as required;
- Monitoring training competencies and qualifications;
- Assisting in the identification and interpretation of applicable HSE regulations, codes and standards;
- Assisting management with ongoing workplace and program monitoring;
- Taking action to stop work where an imminent threat to employee safety and/or health is observed;
- Conducting routine inspections and audits of work activities to ensure overall compliance with the HSE management system (policies, standards, safe work practices and safe work procedures) and issue formal reports;
- Working with the management team in a coaching and guiding role to increase field level safety knowledge and presence.
- Ensuring Contractors attend all HSE related training and have competent resources;
- Conducting incident investigation / root cause analysis and follow-up on corrective actions;
- Administering legislated programs related to HSE;
- Maintaining all applicable HSE program records;
- Participating in meetings in which HSE related topics are discussed;
- Supporting the implementation of the Positive Safety Incentive Program.
- Formal training in occupational health and safety
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an HSE Advisor implementing Health and Safety programs
- Experience in high risk heavy industries considered an asset
- Good working knowledge of HSE Management System Auditing
- Experience interfacing with Control / Permit to work systems of connecting new assets to existing energized systems
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of relevant Legislation and Regulations e.g. OH&S Act, Canada Labour Code, Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Act, as well as the application of each to the worksite.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- CRSP, CSP or equivalent designation is an asset
- Must possess a valid driver's license
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.