Electrical Commissioning Engineer
We are currently accepting resumes for future opportunities.
Why join us?
An Electrical Engineer is required to carry out various aspects of system integration and equipment installation and commissioning of a large generator excitation and auxiliary systems.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Prepare commissioning requirements / specifications for electrical systems / equipment, including but not limited to generator excitation systems and electrical power distribution
- Prepare installation and commissioning work plans for electrical systems, including but not limited to generator excitation systems and electrical power distribution
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, standards and regulations including applicable CSA, CNSC, IEEE and client (OPG) relevant design standards and guides
- Interface with multi-disciplinary / cross-functional project teams
- Interface with client; attend site visits and meetings
- Interface with vendors
- Ensure timely project delivery in accordance with applicable codes, standards, regulations, procedures and established project quality plans and performance criteria
- Responsible for own performance in terms of quality, budget and schedule
- Provide field engineering support for installation and commissioning as required
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior engineers and designers
- Support the direct Supervisor/Lead with timely updates to engineering progress and performance
What will you contribute?
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University or College, with a minimum of 8 years of experience in an Engineer/Procure/Construct environment
- Registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario and member in good standing or eligible to register as a member of PEO
- Working knowledge in the following areas: Electrical power generation equipment (i.e. generator, stator, excitation, auxiliaries, main output, cranes), Electrical power distribution (permanent and temporary), Electrical protection and coordination, Grounding
- Detailed understanding of plant system commissioning with specialized knowledge in electrical power distribution and power generation systems and equipment
- Previous work experience at Ontario Power Generation or Bruce Power is preferred
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Electrical Safety Code and other relevant industry codes and standards (CSA, IEEE, NFPA, ANSI, IEC)
- Experience in high hazard industries (Nuclear, Conventional Power, Oil & Gas)
- Experience with external suppliers or vendors
- Experience in a project team oriented environment
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, with strong customer focus
- Strong verbal and written skills in English with past experience in writing test, installation & commissioning requirements/specifications
- Eligible for Canadian Security Clearance
- Various work locations in both field and office
- Travel as necessary
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
A safe and healthy work environment
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com