Electrical Controls Engineer - Defence / Nuclear
Electrical Controls Engineer - Defence / Nuclear
Let's engineer a safer world.
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
Atkins provides consultancy and engineering services to a range of clients in industries such as Nuclear Power, Defence, Rail and Aerospace. Due to strong growth, particularly in the nuclear sector, we are looking to expand our team. The role is to contribute to the design of Electrical, Control and Instrumentation (EC&I) systems solutions for Atkins’ clients. The systems can vary from simpler and conventional EC&I hard wired systems up to complex multi panel systems with significant programmable elements and be used in a safety or security critical contexts.
- Provision of cost-effective engineering design solutions and high-quality customer service.
- Ensure successful delivery of high-quality engineering works to time, quality, budget and customer satisfaction.
- Perform end-to-end work related to EC&I systems. This may include functional safety, FEED, specifications, high level and detailed design, coding, testing, installation and commissioning activities.
- Engage with clients to understand technical needs and develop successful working relationships.
- Verification of junior engineer’s EC&I technical documentation.
- Assist with technical input for proposals/tenders.
What you can bring?
- Proven years of relevant experience.
- Capable of working on diverse projects under senior supervision.
- Knowledge and experience of a broad range of electrical control equipment and its application in automated and safety related systems.
- Good knowledge of process systems and how to control them.
- Knowledge of electrical and safety sector standards including BS EN 61508.
(Any 3 of the following)
- A good understanding of the safety lifecycle for EC&I safety systems.
- Experience in design, substantiation, verification & validation, safety justification of high integrity software-based protection and/or safety control systems.
- Knowledge of PLC programming and system integration, HMI and SCADA configuration and development, software testing techniques and experience of installation and commissioning of PLC / SCADA systems.
- Working knowledge of low voltage electrical systems.
- AutoCAD experience.
- Chartered engineer status with a relevant professional body (or experience necessary to qualify for such).
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs