Why join us?
This position is based out of our Toronto Office.
At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Assist engineers/designers with drafting and preparation of contract packages;
- Draft and prepare electrical layout plans, schematics and details working from sketches or notes;
- Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data and provide technical support as required;
- Communicate with external agencies (i.e. utilities);
- Produce drawings using Micro Station V8i and AutoCAD;
- Advise SNC-Lavalin representatives and contractors on the interpretation of drawings and specifications and advise on additional details or clarifications required for project design.
What will you contribute?
- Graduate of Electrical Engineering Technology program
- 5+ years of experience with drawings using Micro Station V8i and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Revit MEP would be an asset
- Electrical Technology background, experience with traffic signals and/or roadway illumination would be an asset
- Knowledge of lighting design software is an asset
- Transportation drafting experience is an asset
- Electrical design\drafting experience is preferred
- Some experience in traffic\lighting drafting is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively within a team environment and efficiently with deadlines
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs