This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Electrical Project Manager
Our Infrastructure Division is responsible for the development and execution of numerous projects including healthcare, light industrial, recreational, commercial and large transportation projects.
Our Complex Buildings Unit in Calgary is looking for a Electrical Engineer who has solid experience in building electrical systems to join our growing team. This is a regular full-time role based at our Calgary office.
This position will be reporting to the Director, Buildings and Facilities, responsible for engineering project work from conceptual design through to completion on wide variety of complex projects, including project management responsibilities.
- Lead the delivery of the electrical design in single and multi-disciplinary projects from preliminary design through construction documents and contract administration phases.
- Manage electrical systems for institutional, transportation, commercial, healthcare, light industrial, public and private facilities projects.
- Prepare deliverables to meet financial targets and schedule.
- Supervise the work of Engineers, Designers and CAD Technicians.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to juniors.
- Positively develop staff as demonstrated by their ability to take on more complex technical challenges
- Undertake Peer Reviews for quality control and quality assurance.
- Review and complete design calculations and construction documents in accordance with applicable Codes, Standards and Regulations.
- Provide detail design engineering for drawings and specifications for electrical design in low and medium voltage, systems lighting, power distribution, grounding, fire alarm, communications and security systems, control/signal systems.
- Manage and perform other related tasks that will help to successfully complete the delivery and handover of projects
- Participate in knowledge sharing with Peers and in the development of design standards and specifications
- Develop and maintain knowledge of applicable codes, standards and design software.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients to define their needs, explain technical information, concepts or study results.
- Find and develop opportunities, strategize, lead, and assist in business development efforts.
- Prepare Engineering Fee Proposals, Project Estimates, Design Reports and other technical documents as required.
- Support in monitoring the financial performance and take remedial/corrective action to meet or exceed financial targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng) with APEGA. (or C.E.T. or P.LTech, etc).
- Minimum of 12 years relevant experience designing and leading teams in the design of building electrical systems.
- LEED AP certification considered an asset.
- PMP certification considered an asset.
- Demonstrable experience in the design and specifying of HV/LV power distribution, emergency power and UPS, grounding, lighting, lighting controls, emergency lighting, fire alarm, passive telecommunications, lightning protection, CCTV and access control systems.
- Expert knowledge of applicable Electrical Safety codes, Canadian Building codes, various CSA Standards for Emergency Power, Fire Alarm systems is required.
- Ability to manage multiple and/or complex projects at any given time.
- Ability to lead and nurture in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior communication, organization, leadership and presentation skills;
- Excellent Client management skills
- Computer knowledge in: MS Office, AutoCAD, Revit, and distribution system analysis software considered an asset.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs