SNC-Lavalin Inc is seeking an Electrical Engineer for our Infrastructure Engineering team out of our Halifax, NS office. Seize an opportunity to have an impact working on a variety of projects that continue to improve not only Nova Scotia and Atlantic Infrastructure, but have the ability to be a part of major projects taking place across Canada (see Réseau express métropolitain).
At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. The three pillars of Safety, Ethics and Quality are paramount and the ideal candidate will be outstanding in each of these areas. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.
This position will include a broad range of consulting tasks. Candidates must have strong verbal and written communication skills, have a keen interest in a fast paced work environment, and be proficient in organization, and time/budget management. The successful applicant must be able to work interchangeably in a team setting, and independently, and will be expected to liaise with professional staff including engineers, subcontractors and clients.
- Interpreting engineering specifications, resolving design and field engineering difficulties and coordinating work schedules;
- Organizing and supervising work of junior personnel;
- Ensuring design work interfaces will with that of other disciplines;
- Electrical systems analysis and design;
- Coordination and interaction with drafting in the preparation of design drawings;
- Coordination and preparation of project specifications;
- Provision of construction cost estimates;
- Technical research related to electrical systems and materials;
- Participating in technical studies and creation of reports;
- Contributing to the planning, budgeting and scheduling of work to achieve prescribed objectives;
- Preparing progress reports and monitoring project controls;
- Recommending changes in plans and specifying estimated costs;
- Recommending substitutions in materials and payment for complete work;
- Consulting with other departments, suppliers and contractors to clarify specifications;
- Keeping abreast of new technical developments and estimating their impacts;
- Providing construction phase services, e.g. shop drawings review, site inspections, etc.
- Project specific roles to be determined by department lead and/or project manager.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer with a minimum of 10 - 15 years of experience in building systems;
- Good understanding of engineering disciplines and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other disciplines/fields;
- Familiarity with company’s established guidelines, procedures and practices as well as other departments, suppliers and contractors;
- Good understanding of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria;
- Proficiency in a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques;
- Proficient with design and analysis, including use of engineering software;
- Proficient with the use of MS Office Suite;
- Eligible Candidate for CISD Level II (SECRET) Clearance (requires fingerprinting).
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
Should you be interested, please apply online.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs