Our Chicago Team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have at least 5 years in Electric Estimating experience in the Energy sector we would like to connect with you. This person will work on Transmission underground and overhead 69kV to 765kV. Distribution underground and overhead 4kV to 34kV. Also on Substation upgrades and substation build out, including control house work, and civil underground work. This is a full time internal position with Faithful+Gould that comes with robust benefits and is located at our client site near Chicago, IL.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Project Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
• Supports and contributes to the development of Conceptual, Phase 1, 2, and 3 project cost estimates in a standard Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) format with all required assumptions that support development of current and LRP budgets.
• Prepare standard WBS estimates and assumptions with documentation of confidence factors ranging from study to construction phases of project.
• Prepare side by side analysis of estimates upon request to provide lessons learned and to generate parametric values.
• Supports, contributes, and implements the standardization of estimating standards required to develop better processes with the Project team.
• Applies applicable standards, methods, processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance metrics in the electric, distribution, transmission, and substation areas for all cost estimates.
• Conduct modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, and other estimate related financial and implementation analysis.
• Track, maintain, analyze and provide current estimating information on scorecard or key performance indicators. Prepare, update and maintain standard material and labor unit costs to support estimate creation and database updates.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or relevant related field experience
• Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in transmission and distribution electrical estimating
• Ability to read/interpret detailed prints and specifications for conceptual, lump sum or unit pricing.
• Ability to perform takeoffs, compare unit pricing Underground utility construction estimating experience is a plus (i.e. gas, water, telephone, electric).
• Previous experience in estimating transmission, distribution, and substation systems required.
• Must be fluent with Microsoft computer packages.
• Experience with WinEst estimating software or other computerized bidding software is mandatory.
• Strong understanding of design drawings and detailed engineering and construction prints. The ability to calculate job requirements from design documents, including quantities, resource hours, duration, limitations, etc.
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous time off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval because of assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view statement below
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.