Why join us?
This position is based on site in Gregory, Texas and reports to the Fields Operations Manager. SNC-Lavalin has exciting full-time career opportunities for Electrical High Voltage Technicians- to deliver a high quality of switchgear and testing specialist that is consistent and a competent service in accordance with the project / company requirements, standards and procedures to support overall delivery of company goals and schedule. In addition, to ensure all work scope is completed in a safe manner with no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or environment.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Ensure compliance with the site cardinal safety rules and with all safety aspects in the execution of work.
- Complete field level risk assessments
- Safely perform testing and commissioning functions on the following:
- High voltage distribution systems
- High voltage switchgear and MCCs
- High voltage VFDs & motors
- lighting and small power
- UPS system
- High voltage VFDs motors and other loads
- heat tracing systems
- Completion of approved commissioning check sheets
- Assist vendor representatives and site operations in commissioning and startup
- (Energization) activities for high voltage electrical systems
What will you contribute?
- Must have knowledge and experience in High Voltage and Testing equipment.
- NFPA 70-E Training Required
- Minimum five to (10) years’ experience in directly performing electrical pre-commissioning works in an oil and gas, mining or similar industrial environment
- Testing experience and practices in relation to the NETA guidelines.
- Ability to read and interpret circuit diagrams, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, CEC, CSA installation standards etc.
- Ability to use a variety of electrical test equipment
- Full, clean driving license
- Highly Motivated/Creative/ Proactive
- Work Flexible Schedule (day or night shift)
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.). or
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs