Engineer QA/QC Structural - PMC Bangalore Location
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
- Degree qualified: Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent in a related field.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in a Construction Industy.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the QA/QC field is mandatory
- Professional membership, if any would be considered additional qualification
- Demonstrable track record in the delivery of large show room and/or commercial projects encompassing civil/structural works
- capable of reviewing existing operations within an organisation through all the project phases (processes and procedures in both office and site), assessing both the strengths and weaknesses and assisting in compiling a bespoke set of process and procedures of all of the activities including but not limited to quality, progress, design and construction.
- A “rounded profile”, comfortable with planning, analysis, project controls and managing process and commercial considerations.
- Effective in building good working relationships within complex structures both within projects, with clients and internally.
- Preparation and implementation of QA/QC policies and procedures
- Carry out audits for ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 and recommend the necessary corrective actions and measures
- Monitor policies and procedures and report any areas where improvement is required
- Assist the Project/Construction Managers in reviewing the contractor’s specific quality plans and produce recommendations
- Ensure timely and effective resolution for QA or QC issues, in coordination with Construction Manager/Consultant/Department Head
- Perform all daily inspection and test of the scope and character necessary to achieve the quality of construction required in the drawings and specifications for all works under the contract performed ON or OFF site.
- Carry out inspection and checking for all quality related procedures in the site and ensure activity at the site are as per approved method statement and inspection test plan.
- Coordinate with the contractor’s representative and Site Engineer in charge for inspection and meeting about quality problems including the closure of Non-Compliance Report.
- Taking care of QA/QC documents of the entire project including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, permanent materials delivered and other QA/QC documents. Responsible for the closure of Non-conformance, NCR and Site Instruction, SI.
- Responsible for the quality and workmanship of every activity, thorough knowledge of all phases of engineering construction relating to Civil, Architectural and Structural discipline interfacing the multidisciplinary operations.
- Develop method statement for the activity including risk assessment and job safety environmental analysis and Inspection Test Plan and Checklist based on specifications of the project.
- Carry out Internal Audit at the site as scheduled in the Project Quality Plan, PQP.
- Liaise with Contractors quality Engineer for submission of material submittals to Consultant.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an Industry standard salary package in a multinational company.