Engineering & Project Scheduler Planner
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees think beyond engineering. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction management, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients across the EDPM (engineering, design and project management), Infrastructure, Nuclear, and Resources businesses.
Join our SNC-Lavalin Atkins team, and you’ll be a part of a diverse, ambitious business with a strong team spirit.
For more than 40 years in Australia, our people have been carving out rewarding careers on award winning projects. We think beyond engineering and push the boundaries of innovation for our clients across all major markets; oil & gas, mining & metallurgy, infrastructure and renewables.
SNC-Lavalin is built on our core values of Safety, Integrity, Collaboration and Innovation. Our people drive results and are helping our clients transform their projects from vision into reality. Working with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams we provide consultancy, design, engineering through to self-perform construction, completions & commissioning and operations & maintenance, all underpinned by our digital know-how.
About the Opportunity
Our Resources team in Perth, Western Australia, are looking for an Engineering & Project Scheduler and Planner to support projects in the onshore and offshore Oil & Gas and Mining & Metallurgy sectors, including front end design, consultancy studies, integrity management and decommissioning scopes.
The Engineering & Project Scheduler and Planner role provides structured administrative support to the engineering team across several contracts.
This involves but is not limited to the following:
- Develop the project controls and planning execution strategy
- Be able to produce schedules for both engineering and construction projects with a good level of skill and understanding of construction and engineering planning and programming principles, standards and methodology
- Produce engineering resource management charts from P6.
- Be pragmatic in schedule definition to cater for each project.
- Create schedules that can integrate into the project level and maintain the asset standards in scheduling.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritise and effectively deliver to timelines and department rhythms.
- Work with Project Managers across multiple contracts to meet their reporting requirements on schedule and key milestones.
- Work with multi-discipline teams on a weekly basis to collect and collate progress measurements.
- Prepare reporting on the various schedules
- Produce internal and external client reports
We require the following attributes and experience:
- Must have recent experience in setting up and running Primavera P6 in an engineering environment, managing multiple projects.
- Based in Perth with the right to work in Australia.
- Desired experience with Ecosys
- Proficient with the use of email, word, excel & MS Project
- Demonstrated efficiency in a technical and administrative role within an engineering team
- Desire to work in an engineering services environment in-office
- Excellent manpower planning, scheduling and project management skills
- Capability with prioritising tasks
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Good communication skills, both verbal & written
- Excellent comprehension skills that enables review of client instructions, technical data, company records to ensure compliance
- Ability to evaluate issues that may affect planned activities and quickly negotiate and implement recovery actions to keep the plan on track
- Strong problem-solving skills
About the Benefits
We offer rewarding careers to people who want to be part of our great stories and remarkable achievements. We deliver services and expertise that covers all phases of project lifecycles from concept design through to decommissioning in a variety of industries.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with a great team environment.
We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenge and actively seek to develop and improve work processes.
Why join our team?
Located in 13 countries across the Asia Pacific region, SNC-Lavalin operates through its brands, SNC-Lavalin, Kentz and Atkins and our people have worked, and continue to work, on some of the region’s most iconic projects. So join today as a career with us opens up a world of possibilities - being part of a global organisation of over 50,000 employees opportunities await you to collaborate with colleagues on international projects or use your skills and knowledge to create a winning combination for our clients across our other markets.
We’re focused on creating an inclusive, supportive workplace that will enable you to develop and thrive. You’ll work alongside some of the leaders in your field, with opportunities to reach your potential through training and professional development.