Engineering Surveyor – Nuclear
Engineering Surveyor – Nuclear
Engineering Surveyor – Nuclear Fuel Cycle
We are seeking an Engineering Surveyor that will be responsible for leading survey activities, managing a small team and assisting project deliveries. The successful candidate will work with a team of engineers involved in the engineering department. They will inherit an exciting portfolio of work and future opportunities to develop and expand that team to deliver on projects helping to decommission the UK’s aging nuclear facilities and support the design and construction of the country’s new facilities.
On joining Atkins (now part of SNC-Lavalin), you will become a valued employee of one of the world’s leading global design consultancies. Our Nuclear business has been operating for over four decades. today we’re leading the renaissance in nuclear power. We have operations based in the UK, Europe, the Middle East and North America, and are fully engaged on the development of the next generation of nuclear power stations. Alongside our new build expertise, we maintain existing nuclear fleet and decommission those coming to the end of their life. With opportunities in key nuclear sectors around the world, Atkins can provide an exciting career wherever you may be.
Our Whitehaven office is located on the outskirts of the stunning Lake District National Park. Based near Sellafield – one of the world’s most complex nuclear sites, our key client and one of Atkins SNC-Lavalin’s major clients. In our client-facing role, we deliver a wide variety of projects working closely with the client engineering and construction teams.
Our office vision is to be a UK centre of excellence in application of digital tools to enhance engineering deliveries. We have a strong ethos for training and implementing exciting new techniques, striving to increase the efficiency and quality of our technical delivery and impress the client with visualisation tools (3D animations, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality etc) - now is an exciting time to be part of this vision.
- Undertake survey of aging building structures including topographical information.
- Carry out reality capture using both hardware and software systems, typically includes 3D Laser Scanning, 360 Videos, etc.
- Be customer focused with client liaison experience.
- Lead small teams of junior surveyors and apprentices in the delivery of surveys, processing and registration of data.
- Assist successful delivery of projects, work to meet targets, work within budget and programme.
- Explore latest digital tools for efficient project delivery.
- Qualifications & Experience
- Honours Degree (or equivalent) in Surveying or related discipline (Master level preferred).
- Previous surveying experience is essential (5+ years).
- The role requires a broad understanding of the technical, operational and practical aspects of building/topographical surveys.
- Highly motivated and proactive, have good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Capable of undertaking topographical surveys using Leica Total Station and GPS equipment.
- Based in the Atkins Cumbria (Whitehaven) office. Working from home permitted due to current COVID situation.
- Registered with Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or working towards chartership.
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams on highly challenging projects.
- Innovative and open to ideas.
- Flexible in approach, willing to travel to work on client sites.
- Capability of performing 3D laser scanning
- BIM experience in delivering project.
- Knowledge of FaroSense, AutoDesk Recap or similar 3D software.
- Security Cleared (preferred).
- Nuclear background, experience of working in radiological controlled area previously.
Travel to other company sites may be necessary.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career in engineering, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
This is an exciting time for Atkins, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our Energy sector in the UK. There will be opportunities for international travel and applicants with a desire for non-UK based assignments will be welcomed.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs