Engineering Technologist (SAR) Co-op Student
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with one of the leading consulting firms in the Prairies and this opportunity will give you the chance to go further in your career.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Technologist (SAR) Co-op Student from either the Civil or Environmental Engineering Technology programs for an 8-month term position to join our diverse and experienced team. This position will involve working with SNC-Lavalin’s Site Assessment & Remediation (SAR) team based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan on a variety of office projects and field investigations. The successful candidate will be mentored by a variety of environmental professionals (Engineers, Agrologists, Geologists, and Technologists) and will gain valuable experience in the environmental consulting industry.
- Participating in environmental and hydrogeological investigations including Phase I and Phase II environmental assessments and soil and groundwater sources and sampling programs
- Documentation of field activities and managing sample shipment to analytical labs
- Preparation of technical reports
- Communicating field observations to the SNC-Lavalin project manager
- Inter-regional collaboration on projects
- Participation in health and safety programs
- Currently registered in a Civil or Environmental Engineering Technology Diploma program, ideally eligible for an 8-month co-op or internship work term
- Strong Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and CAD skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and travel throughout Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia, and Ontario
- Ability to work independently and safely with minimal supervision and/or as a member of a team
- Exceptional organizational and innovative problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, a team player and a high level of energy
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or and other characteristics protected by law.
While SNC-Lavalin would like to thank all those that apply, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.