Entry-Level Project Controls Specialist
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking an Entry-Level Project Controls Specialist to join the nuclear team in Oak Ridge, TN.
- Entry Level Project Controls Specialist will focus primarily on providing project management support to the many projects across the program site. Functions include estimating costs and cost tracking, assisting with scheduling, tracking milestones and deliverables, and coordinating with project sponsors.
- Perform project controls oversight and integration. Responsible for:
- Participates in and organizes meetings to identify project goals, gains consensus on project steps, schedule and implementation procedures and estimates project costs; fosters cooperation and involvement from team.
- Financial data collection and preparation of weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual project status reports as requested by individual sponsors
- Financial status and projection updates
- Status of current deliverables and tasks
- Estimates of ongoing/future deliverables and tasks
- Information on any issues or risks associated with timely completion
- Updates on meetings and/or trips relevant to the success of the project
- Lead and/or participate in teleconferences with sponsors to discuss status, updates, financial status, issues, etc.
- Lead and/or participate in weekly meetings with internal PI’s and other project team members to assess schedule progress and status on deliverables.
- Work closely with division finance officer to track spending and ensure the projects are on target
- Managing project subcontracts for students and other subcontractors including providing funding estimates tracking end dates and incremental funding end dates to ensure no lapse
- Advise on appropriate ways to manage spending and providing insight on general project management techniques that can improve the effectiveness of the overall management of the project
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required; preferred in engineering, business administration, accounting or finance
- Requires at least 1-2 years of solid experience in project controls, project management, or similar experience
- Direct work experience on large construction contracts is preferred
- Experience working within the Dept of Energy Complex a plus
- Experience with project controls and reporting systems in use at other DOE projects is a plus
- Working-level knowledge of P6 is a plus.
REQUIRED & DESIRED SKILLS
- Must be able to interface with government program representatives on high-level technical and project issues.
- Ability to successfully make quick decisions and meet goals while working under severe time constraints
- Demonstrated ability to be creative with a keen attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, including the use of process equipment design software and Microsoft Office
- Detailed knowledge in functional discipline and its practical application
- Detailed knowledge of industry codes and regulations
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles