Environmental Assessment Professional Intermediate
E&G offers consulting services in the following areas: Environmental Risk Assessment, Contaminated Site Assessment and Remediation, Environmental Studies, Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, Air Quality and Green House Gas Emissions, Sustainability, Environmental Management and Planning, Geographic Information Systems, Rural Development, Waste Management, Geotechnical, Geoenvironmental, Hydrogeology and Water Resources.
SNC-Lavalin Inc., Environment & Geoscience (E&G) is seeking an Environmental Assessment Professional with consulting experience and established client relationships, to play a key role in growing our business in Western Canada. The ideal candidate will have technical and project management experience coordinating multi-disciplinary environmental assessments. While our preference would be to have the position based in the Lower Mainland, the opportunity exists for it to be based in one of our other BC Offices (Victoria, Nanaimo, Kelowna, Cranbrook, Nelson, Trail, Fort St. John, Prince George or Terrace).
The main purpose of the Environmental Assessment Professional position includes, but is not limited to, providing regulatory and technical support to project managers, senior Environmental Assessment Specialists and clients in support of various projects. In addition, the Environmental Assessment Specialist will provide mentoring to junior staff and participate in business development initiatives. The role may include a field component including project site visits / inspections, and liaison with clients and/or regulators.
Key responsibilities of the Environmental Assessment Professional will include:
- Acting as a resource on Environmental Assessment (EA) and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) projects
- Support the development of the EA and EIA business by developing relationships with existing and future client contacts, attending meetings, and supporting business development initiatives.
- Preparation and review of proposals
- Provision of practical and economic solutions to clients
- Support and prepare regulatory approval and permitting applications
- Liaison with clients, First Nations, stakeholders and regulatory agencies to ensure project permitting is advanced
- Support and preparation of environmental protection and mitigation plans to facilitate regulatory approvals in concert with discipline specialists (e.g. biologists)
- Preparation and review of technical reports associated with the project EA / EIA, approvals, or compliance requirements
- Ensuring technical quality of work including review of client deliverables (proposals, reports and mapping)
- Provide guidance, training and direction to junior staff to ensure the completion of the project scope of work
- Establish and maintain relationships with government and regulatory agencies
- University degree or diploma in environmental science or a related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years of experience focusing on environmental assessment or planning projects.
- Has obtained, or is eligible for, a professional designation (e.g., R.P.Bio., P.Ag.)
- Recognized ability to work independently and succeed in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of provincial and federal regulations as well as environmental assessment and regulatory process
- Proven knowledge of environmental permit, approval and compliance requirements including B.C. Environmental Assessment Act, B.C. Ministry of Environment (MOE), and Canadian Environmental Assessment Act.
- Demonstrable knowledge of environmental mitigation and protection planning measures
- Experience with community engagement activities to support environmental assessment processes.
- Proven track record developing client relationships.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com