Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancy firms offering unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career. At Atkins, we offer more than just a job. We offer an opportunity to make a difference and shape the world to benefit future generations and the environment. We have a strong Equality, Diversity and Inclusion ethos.
The successful candidate will be part of our national Planning and Environment team which works directly with Atkins SNC-Lavalin’s multi-disciplinary teams and businesses in a number of offices throughout the UK, and across the world, on a variety of major infrastructure and development projects. Our team is at the forefront of thought-leadership in planning and delivery of infrastructure and development and the use of digital data to support our work.
We are looking to recruit an environmental consultant with 3+ years’ experience to support the growth of infrastructure projects in the energy, water, rail and highways sectors, particularly in the north of England. We require an individual with practical experience of environmental coordination, assessment and management to join our successful and expanding environment team. Key clients in this region include Network Rail, Highways England, Transport for the North, Anglian Water, Environment Agency, Transport for Greater Manchester, WYCA and a number of local authorities.
This is an excellent career development opportunity for a candidate looking to progress their career to the next level in a fast paced and exciting industry. You will work collaboratively with a range of technical specialists on a broad range of projects, assisting with the co-ordination of Environmental Impacts Assessments and related deliverables.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in an environmental or related discipline and have a good understanding of all the technical specialisms required for an EIA. You will be a working towards chartership through IEMA or other relevant professional body. We offer ongoing career development through a portfolio of training and development activities and mentoring support designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
- Assisting on the coordination and delivery of environmental work being undertaken by multi-disciplinary teams including EIA, options appraisals and environmental management;
- Collate and edit information from a range of sources to provide clear, well written reports;
- Competently undertake own work to an excellent standard on time and to budget;
- Compliance with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, including preparation of H&S Plans for site surveys;
- Supporting senior management with bid preparation and project management to ensure projects are delivered on-time, on budget and to quality and client expectations;
- Undertake Continual Professional Development in accordance with requirements of chosen professional institute.
- Degree or Masters in an environmental or science subject;
- Working toward chartership with a relevant professional body;
- Experience working on linear infrastructure projects (rail/road) would be beneficial;
- Good knowledge of the EIA process and environmental technical specialisms;
- A minimum of 3 years experience;
- Strong report writing, verbal and presentation skills;
- Able to prioritise and work effectively under pressure;
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate issues and ideas effectively;
- Be flexible, adaptable and prepared to take on new challenges and work from other Atkins or client office locations;
- Be highly self-motivated, possessing strong enthusiasm and commitment to delivering sustainable outcomes.
What we offer
There may be opportunities to work out of other UK offices or client offices, where the need arises, to meet the demands of fluctuating workloads. Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to conventional full-time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you perform to the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving Chartership via relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package .
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Environment & geoscience
Sciences - multidiscipline
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancy firms offering unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding care
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs