Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?
SNC-Lavalin Inc. is seeking an Intermediate Environmental Planner for our Toronto, ON office who would like more experience and responsibility combined with exposure to a wide variety of infrastructure (e.g., transit, road/highway, power, etc.) and environmental assessment planning projects. The ideal candidate will be a motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter with a minimum of 5 years of experience with environmental assessments and consulting services.
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Preparing EA documentation, including notices, consultation materials, letters to stakeholders, consultation records.
- Ability to prepare socio-economic studies, including conducting background research and analysis would be an asset.
- Develop, prepare and maintain project/task schedules and budgets for the environmental component of the project. Monitor projects progress, work hours, budgets and expenditures, using project scheduling and cost control tools.
- Work with and support environmental planners / project managers in carrying out Environmental Assessments and permitting for construction.
- Collaborate with technical and professional staff across the company in completing assignments.
- Coordinate, organize, prepare for, attend, and document project meetings (internal and external).
- Coordinate the development and implementation of consultation programs, including municipal, federal/provincial regulatory agencies and Indigenous engagement.
- Coordinate work of environmental specialists (i.e., fisheries, terrestrial ecologists, noise, air, archaeology, built heritage, etc.), including management of subcontractors.
- Coordinate with government/regulatory agencies and internal technical leads to obtain environmental permits/approvals for construction on a variety of projects.
- Support business development efforts, including proposal writing.
This position reports to: Manager, Environmental Assessment and Permitting
What will you contribute?
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Planning, Geography, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies or Social Sciences).
- Full or Provisional membership in a professional body (e.g. Registered Professional Planner (RPP and MCIP); Canadian Environmental Professional (EP); or Project Management Professional (PMP) is an asset.
- 5+ years of related experience in managing and coordinating environmental assessments, securing construction permits/approvals.
- Familiarity with the Ontario Environmental Assessment (EA) Act, the federal Impact Assessment Act, Ontario Regulation 231/08 - Transit Projects, Municipal Class EA, MTO Class EA and other legislation related to the position (e.g. Fisheries Act, Endangered Species Act, Canadian Navigable Waters Act, Environmental Protection Act).
- Knowledge of other relevant Ontario Legislation and Provincial Policy (i.e., the Planning Act, the Greenbelt Act, etc.).
- Experience designing and executing consultation programs (Indigenous, non-Indigenous and stakeholder).
- Demonstrated experience working on municipal, transit and transportation projects in Ontario.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload to manage multiple assignments at one time.
- Experience working in a fast paced, consulting environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Desire to continue to learn and adapt skills.
- Must possess a valid Class G driver’s license.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs