Why join us?
Our Los Angeles Team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have experience as an estimator with airport projects, we want to speak to you. The successful candidate will help develop cost estimate from conceptual through construction; monitoring and reconcile the cost estimate as the design progresses; participate in pre-award value engineering and constructability review discussions; and once the contract is awarded, will review change order proposals, develop a fair and reasonable recommendation, participate in negotiation of changes with the contractor, and prepare the record of negotiation documentation. This is a full time, internal position with Faithful Gould offering robust benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project controls and consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with several high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #11 largest Construction Management Company and #9 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Provide Independent Cost Estimates (I.C.E.)
- Review proposals and evaluate/analyze merited cost
- Review quantities and ensure there is a fair and reasonable representation of additional scope, as well as possible credits
- Review pre-purchased material or equipment and/or equipment rental rates against fair and reasonable pricing references
- Negotiating or preparing estimates for others to negotiate is a large part of our work so prior
- Develop the record of negotiation documentation
- Develop detailed cost estimates from the engineering drawings; proactively identify deficiencies and/or questions; and actively assist the project team toward the answers
- Actively reconcile the internal estimates with those prepared by third-parties; engage the third-party entities in an informative, collaborative reconciliation; and communicate the results of the reconciliation effort
- Proactively establish a routine reporting cycle that clearly communicates when an estimate changes and why
- Self-starter attitude with proved results-oriented focus
- Review contract documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and equitable cost allowance for scope changes
- Train subordinate estimating personnel when necessary
- Proficient with industry estimating databases and other estimating data sources, e.g. RS Means, Lee Saylor, Trade Services, Equipment Watch, Richardsons, etc.
- Experience with On-screen Take-off is highly desirable
- Demonstrates a proactive, firm and respectful approach to estimate reconciliation efforts and change order processing
- Previous experience with public airport projects is a must; experience within a commercial airport terminal or light rail system are highly desirable
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field preferred
- 10+ years of estimating experience with 5 years of direct support on an active civil, airport, or commercial construction projects
- Knowledge of work with various types of contracting methods such as, Design/Bid/Build (DBB), Design Build (DB), Construction Management At Risk (CMAR), Guarantee Maximum Price (GPM) etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency estimating formats, including Uniformit II
- Proficient with large-scale estimating software
- Experience with On-screen Take-Off and Acubid
- Understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (i.e.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.). or
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
If you think that a career with our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs