Why join us?
We are Hiring! Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Denver, CO Project Controls group as an Estimator. This position will provide project scheduling and cost estimating support to Project Managers to help meet contract schedules and budgets and/or assist in the research and review of data for construction claims analyses. This position will report to the Senior Resident Engineer.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Prepares construction cost estimates for design projects by analyzing quantity take off's, pricing, and contract specifications.
- Develops estimates, change orders and reports for management's cost/scheduling projections.
- Prepares daily/weekly project schedules for various department managers.
- Prepares construction critical path schedules using contractor experience production rates to determine accurate duration of activities.
- Updates project estimates as needed.
- Prepares miscellaneous reports and correspondence to support project managers in the development of contract change orders, manpower allocation plans, etc.
- May research, compile and review data for construction claims analyses.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Minimal experience required with Bachelor's degree.
- No experience required with Masters degree.
- BS in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
- Experience with On-Screen Takeoff (OTS) software and Primavera P6 preferred.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs