Why join us?
Our California team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have experience within the Pharma Industry, we would like to connect with you. The successful candidate will prepare cost estimates for specific disciplines and provide business support to senior staff as directed. This position will be based out of our project client sites.
This is a fulltime internal position with Faithful+Gould offering robust benefits. We seek career minded professionals who would are looking for long term tenure and growth with us!
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project controls and consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with several high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #11 largest Construction Management Company and #9 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Analyze drawings and other documents and prepares detailed cost estimates.
- Perform accurate quantity takeoffs of available design documents.
- Obtain accurate and up to date pricing information for databases, contractors, suppliers, etc. to utilize in estimates.
- Input estimate take-off information for specific discipline and develops unit cost pricing.
- Work with architects and engineers to develop clear understanding of project scope preparation of estimate.
- Develop relationships with members of A/E firms and project team members.
- Assist senior staff in ways to make projects more efficient. Seeks ways to improve accuracy and efficiency of tasks.
- Maintain project documents such as drawings and specifications in an organized and reasonable manner.
- Maintain and updates data library of costs.
- Prepare cost reconciliation between two or more estimates and explains variance cost drivers.
- Prepare such other duties as supervisor deems necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field, plus four years relevant experience.
- 4+ years of estimating experience.
- A professional designation such as RICS, CCE, CCM, AIA, PE, ASPE, AACEI, CVS, AVS, LEED AP, RA, or any appraisal or real estate licensure is preferred.
- Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities.
- Working knowledge of commercially available construction cost estimating system.
- Working knowledge of electronic take-off including CAD Measure.
- Understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
*** Please be advised that this posting is in reference to a future need and does not reflect any position(s) currently open within SNC-Lavalin or its affiliates. Should you wish to have your details entered into the corporate database to be considered for future projects, please submit your resume to this job posting.***
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Faithful+Gould Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs