Federal Project Director
Federal Project Director
Federal Project Director
Why join us?
Under general direction, manages complex and unconventional technology or delivery systems for a single significant project within a defined technical specialty.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Federal Business Unit as a Project Director. This position will sit in our Oakland, CA, Calverton, MD, Alexandria, VA, Denver, CO or Seattle, WA Offices.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy
How will you contribute to the team?
- Management assignments typically involve large, multi-discipline assignments, including unconventional or complex projects made up of 1 or 2 highly sophisticated and specialized technical components generating annual net revenue between $2.5 million to $5 million annually.
- Projects typically involve high levels of regulatory agency involvement or very complex technical requirements.
- Typical projects might include construction management engagements, significant design-build or design-build-operate-maintain undertakings, major and unique structures, major wastewater treatment facilities, etc.
- Provides leadership, direction, and technical guidance to senior project managers and project managers within assigned area of responsibility to ensure that quality management and technical services are provided to clients and that operating performance targets are met.
- Mentors senior project managers and project managers associated with sophisticated and unconventional projects.
- Projects of this magnitude generally involve net revenues totaling between $2.5 million to $5 million annually and require specialized expertise
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in field of practice. Graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
This level may be achieved by technical professionals or managers with twelve years of experience since B.S. or eleven years since M.S., with at least three of these years in the Senior Project Manager position with highly complex project management responsibility.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability; very strong financial management, team management, and leadership skills; ability to manage and coordinate efforts of various projects to produce budgeted profits and overall results.
- Possesses specific expertise to the extent that the individual is regarded as a regional or potentially national expert in a specific discipline, contract delivery method, particular type of project, planning process, design method, or modeling technique.
- Personal computer proficiency is required.
- Interested in candidates that have solid relationships within a single DOI agency or multiple (HQ level or regional)
- Someone that has been exposed to both policy and projects
- Professional Registration in field of practice preferred if available.
- 5 years experience supporting National Park Service, US Fish & Wildlife, US Forest Service and/or Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation is preferred.
- Project/program experience with DOI or one of their sub agencies including: NPS, USGS, USFWS, USFS, BLM, BOR
- Experience in managing/dealing with clients
- Experience handling projects over $1M
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs