FEMA Program Quality Assurance Reviewer/ Production Analyst
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Calverton, MD; Alexandria, VA; Atlanta, GA; Denver, CO; San Diego, CA; Dallas, TX; or Lynnwood, WA Water Resources Group as a FEMA Program Quality Assurance Reviewer/Production Analyst.
As a Quality Reviewer, the applicant will support quality assurance processes for Flood Insurance Studies for FEMA’s Risk MAP program. In this role you will apply your extensive knowledge of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) to perform quality reviews on preliminary and post-preliminary Flood Insurance Study deliverables.
Our ideal candidate will have education and experience with geospatial analysis and mapping processes.
- Perform reviews using SNC-Lavalin Atkins five step quality control review process on Flood Insurance Study (FIS) reports, regulatory and non-regulatory communication, Summary of Map Action (SOMA) reports, and model/profile/map agreement, and FIRM panels, as well as other non-standard deliverables as needed.
- Assist Program Quality Manager in Continuous Process Improvement, developing and implementing quality review processes and tools, conducting root cause analyses and developing/delivering best practices training for production teams.
- Assist Program Quality Manager in compiling and developing quality metrics reports and conducting internal quality program compliance audits.
- Perform tasks as a study scientist (FIS, SOMA, letters) on an occasional basis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S./B.A. or M.S. in a field of Science to commensurate with hiring discipline. This level may be achieved by Scientists with minimum three years' experience since Bachelor's degree or two years' experience with Master's degree; typical incumbent has five years' experience.
- Have a thorough understanding of the National Flood Insurance Program, specifically the Risk MAP Program.
- Prior experience working in FEMA floodplain studies is required.
- Familiarity with FEMA systems and databases such as MIP and CIS.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS software and DFIRM databases. A working knowledge of HEC-RAS and Rasplot is a plus.
- Proficient technical writing and communication skills, must be detailed oriented.
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) preferred
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: http://careers.atkinsglobal.com/File.ashx?path=Root/Documents/north-america-welcome-new-employee/Equal_Opp_Stmt.pdf
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles