FEMA/Water Resources Project Manager
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Dallas, TX office as a FEMA/ Water Resources Project Manager.
This is a great opportunity to lead a variety of water-related projects involving hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) modeling and analysis, schematic drainage design and riverine hydraulics. This person will mentor junior staff and review engineering calculations, perform field observations, prepare develop or perform quality control review of 1D and 2D computer models for urban drainage analysis, floodplain mapping, watershed planning and closed conduit and open channel design. This individual must be competent in performing water resources engineering work and demonstrate a broad knowledge of hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and design methods.
- Coordinates and participates in contract negotiations with clients and subcontractors, and drafts complex professional service agreements and addenda for review by senior management.
- Directs project team and client compliance with contract terms and monitors subcontractors' compliance with contractual commitments.
- Prepares project work plan, scope, schedule and budget, and communicates these to project team members; monitors/manages project production for compliance with schedule, budget and quality objectives.
- Monitors reports and schedules to ensure appropriate charging of manhours, costs and expenses to projects, and to communicate project progress/status to senior management.
- Establishes and maintains project account files on the computerized project management information system, and periodically reviews project reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitors client billings, assists in obtaining payment from clients, and resolves client disputes, adjusting project billing records as required.
- Monitors subconsultants' progress and performance, reviews and approves subconsultant and vendor invoices, and resolves payment and project disputes.
- Schedules and coordinates project meetings with the project team, regulatory agencies, the client, and others involved with the projects.
- Reports financial status of projects to technical managers.
- Identifies new business opportunities for the firm, coordinates and participates in project presentations to clients and other external groups, and promotes firm's capabilities, marketing its services among existing and prospective clients.
- Participates in project opportunity evaluation, consultant selection, and the preparation of firm's qualification/experience statements.
- May supervise technical professionals, associate project managers and design staff including workload and staffing management.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering. This level may be achieved with 10 years experience in project production and technical professional activities, four of these working as a project manager.
- Strong interpersonal skills; good public speaking ability; strong project financial management skills; knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency.
- Experience and familiarity with the following programs is required: ArcGIS, HY-8, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Microstation.
- Experience with the following programs is preferred but not necessary: Geopak, Inroads Storm & Sanitary, EPA-SWMM, AutoCAD. The qualified candidate is proficient in schematic drainage design and riverine hydraulics.
- P.E. license is required (Texas preferred), CFM and TxDOT precertified is preferred. Certification as a “Project Management Professional” (PMP) or “Certified Construction Manager” (CCM) required within one year of assuming this position.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: http://careers.atkinsglobal.com/File.ashx?path=Root/Documents/north-america-welcome-new-employee/Equal_Opp_Stmt.pdf
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles