Field Coordinator, Mechanical
SNC Lavalin, Dragados, Pennecon (SDP) General Partnership is seeking Field Coordinators, Mechanical for the Main Mechanical Outfitting (MMO) division to join the West White Rose Project team in Newfoundland. Reporting into the Construction team and being in the field, you will provide an integral position directly on site to the project.
- Organizing, coordinating, and ordering divisional materials for the project – working with procurement throughout the process
- Check and issue up-to-date documents, schedules and drawings.
- Review quality records, test reports, and certify fabrication of various components of the project
- Communicate and collaborate with Designers, Quality Field Inspectors, Weld Inspectors, Non-Destructive testers, Fabricators and Owner Representatives to evaluate design and resolve non-conformances
- Advise on constructability issues
- Utilize knowledge of departmental design standards and applicable engineering codes to review design/shop drawings and documents for conformance, and work with fabricators to ensure quality procedures are followed
- Verify that the fabrication conforms to the detailed designs and technical requirements, and is suitable for construction
- Utilize basic engineering software packages and computer aided drafting software in accordance with industry codes and standards
- Provide recommendations and suggestions on designs as well as processes and standards
- Understand and appropriately apply project technical criteria and requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Minimum 5 of experience directly related major construction activities
- Exposure to working on construction sites involving major crane operations
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office Tools
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, planning, and organizing abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Preference will be given to those candidates with experience in fabrication and holders of recognized related quality certificates
Please note this is a rotational position working 14/7 alternating days and nights out of Argentia, NL.
Companies and contractors hiring for the West White Rose project are required to follow the principles set out in the Atlantic Accord legislation, which requires that “individuals residing in the Province shall be given first consideration for training and employment in the work program”.
SDP is equally committed to providing access to employment of qualified candidates to ensure an equitable and diversified workplace.