Field Engineers - TransitNEXT
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
As part of the Trillium project based in Ottawa, we are looking for qualified Field Engineers to support our Bridges, Stations, Utilities and Track teams (Please specify your specialization/preference in your application). The incumbents will provide technical support to construction activities at the worksite, while expediting design changes for timely response to construction inquiries.
- Studies drawings and specifications issued to the field and reports to Construction Manager any ambiguities, interferences or errors found on drawings, specifications and assigned work
- Advises SNC representatives and contractors on the interpretation of drawings and specification and advises on additional details or clarifications required from project design
- Reviews proposals for field changes and substitutions and recommends action to the Construction Manager for approval
- Verifies the accuracy of surveys and dimensions established by contractors and assists in establishing and maintaining survey benchmarks
- Defines and implements inspection requirement for construction work to assure conformity to drawings and specifications
- Obtains and supplies field representatives and QA/QC inspectors with applicable codes, manufacturer’s instructions, vendor drawings and installation procedures required for field work
- Assists material control group when requested in inspection of equipment and material
- Performs any other duties that may be directed by Construction Managers
- Assures ‘Red Lines’ are completed within 30 days of Project completion
- Act as Engineering’s representative on the construction site
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant Engineering Discipline;
- P. Eng or working towards it;
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role is preferred;
- Understanding of contract fundamentals and experience in managing contractors under the terms of the contract;
- Team player;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Leadership and conflict resolution skills;
- The ability to manage competing priorities under time constraints
We offer an opportunity to work on varied and interesting projects in Canada and around the world. Salary will be commensurate with your experience. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.