Finance & Accounting Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking a Finance & Accounting Manager to join the nuclear team in Oak Ridge, TN.
- Interfaces with senior management to ensure that corporate financial goals are reflected in divisional budgets and forecasts. Facilitates analytical analysis of business financial performance. Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles. Provides financial support including forecasting, budgeting and analyzing variations from budget.
- Interacts with operational management, Accounting Department management and the Business Development organization to ensure that business objectives are translated into financial goals and objectives.
- Assists with preparation of the annual operating budgets and forecasts.
- Provides cost/benefit analysis and discounted cash flow models to decision makers.
- Provides analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual results as compared to budgets and forecasts.
- Prepares, examines or analyzes accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Ensures appropriate revenue recognition for IRFS15 purposes.
- Performs general ledger accounting functions and reviews general ledger account reconciliations.
- Supports external and internal audits and due diligence requirements.
- Participates in month-end, quarter-end and year-end closings.
- Assists with preparation of internal management reporting and other ad hoc reporting requests.
- Supervises staff as needed
- Follows organizational policies and procedures and ensures staff is in compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Certified Management Accountant or Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Finance and/or Accounting experience
- Prefer Deltek Costpoint experience, Database experience, Working for a large company, and Experience with government contracts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of revenue recognition, budgeting and forecasting
- Advanced proficiency using Excel, including creating pivot tables and other data manipulation techniques
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Detailed knowledge of general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail
- Detailed knowledge of technical accounting issues
- Detailed knowledge of accounting systems
- Strong people-management skills
- Ability to perform extremely complex accounting tasks
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles