As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
This role is in the Finance Shared Services function of an international engineering & design consultancy company. The shared services team is co-located with several hundred fee-earning staff in a professional business environment.
The key purpose of the role is to prepare “sales invoice” with significant amount of supporting documentation and analysis, which needs to be prepared precisely as per client specifications. The role will also be answering queries pertaining to sales invoices/credit notes from internal and external business partners. This role will be reporting into the Bangalore based Project Accounting Lead. This new position is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to make a positive impact on a dynamic business.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Liaising with Project Managers to ensure that all invoicing is completed in a timely basis.
- Preparing sales invoices, applications for payment and credit notes and any necessary supporting documentation.
- Preparing and distributing information regarding unbilled balances to Project Managers.
- Obtaining approval for sales invoices and credit notes.
- Posting invoices and credit notes onto the finance system.
- Working closely with Project Managers, and the Cash Collections Team to ensure timely resolution of any billing queries, and collection of cash.
- Supporting correct allocation of costs to projects, e.g. by coding invoices, setting up access for staff to be able them to book their time to a project, and correcting coding or time booking errors.
- Preparing and distributing job-related information and reports, e.g. time and expense reports.
- Supporting project managers in updating their time sheets on time.
What will you contribute?
- Required qualification is BCom / BBM.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience of working in a finance domain.
- Preferably 2-3 years of experience in preparing sales invoices for an offshore service organization.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs