Fire Protection Technologist
Fire Protection Engineer
Work location: Ottawa
The Infrastructure Engineering division is currently looking for a Fire Protection Engineer for its National Capital Region office. SNC-Lavalin offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in a fast-paced work environment. We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenge and actively seek to develop and improve work processes.
- Develop preliminary design and engineering specifications for fire alarm, security and fire protection systems
- Produce building evacuation plans and conduct egress analysis and modeling
- Prepare detailed design calculations and layouts
- Investigate and report on building and fire code compliance of new and existing facilities
- Evaluate buildings and designs for fire resistance and enclosure integrity
- Coordinate with other disciplines in planning and executing project tasks
- Developing material takeoffs and cost estimates
- Ensuring all completed work conforms to contract requirements
- Conducting site visits and inspections
- Coaching, training and supervising junior team members
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in Fire Protection Engineering
- 5 to 10 years of experience in related field
- Ability to cross over multi-disciplinary projects
- Good understanding of fire protection engineering related fields is required
- Collaborative approach and good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Valid driving permit is an asset
- Bilingualism French and English (written and spoken) an asset
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the on boarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.