General Labourer/Lead hand
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada’s leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
Our team members across the country and the globe deliver superior service to every one of our clients. Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.
This role is responsible to work as a team player providing direction to Labourers, including being self sufficient and bringing forward innovative ideas to increase efficiencies as well as managing the quality of the site works and required materials. The individual will be providing support to skilled tradespersons in performing labour activities in the installation, maintenance and repair of building mechanical and electrical systems and undertaking service requests from tenants to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will possess strong customer service skills, willingness to learn, and the knowledge and ability to operate tools and equipment responsibly, safely, and efficiently.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Maintaining the facility exterior grounds, including but not limited to: weed removal, lawn mowing and watering, snow removal, sand and salting during the winter months, etc.
- Will be required to operate: riding and push lawnmowers, side by side utility vehicle, skid steer and other grounds maintenance equipment
- Complete tenant service requests in a professional and customer-focused manner
- Perform general labourer tasks associated to facility maintenance in a manner that will not jeopardize safety, including but not limited to: painting, dry walling, cleaning, woodworking, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of all mechanical/electrical areas to provide a safe working environment; ensure all equipment is clean and properly maintained to prolong equipment efficiency and life span
- Maintain order in the shop by ensuring all supplies, parts, hand held tools, etc. are stored in an organized manner; inform Maintenance Team Lead when supplies/parts are running low
- Conduct work in accordance with all Occupational Health and Safety legislation, guidelines, standards, policies, procedures and practices
- Act as a liaison for all contractors in the building while keeping the contractors accountable for their performances, quality of work, and compliance to health, safety, security and environmental standards
- Assist management team and other team members with other facility tasks when requested
What will you contribute?
- Be physically fit to carry out labour intensive jobs such as lifting, standing, walking, bending, etc.
- Must be available to work after-hours, on weekends and for standby rotation to respond to after-hours service requests as required
- Working towards 5th Class Power Engineering Certification or other trade certificates would be considered an asset
- Certificate in skid steer operation is an asset
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to obtain federal security clearance complete with a vulnerability check is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and in a close team
- Ability to make effective decisions in emergency situations
- Eagerness to learn; customer service focused; self-motivated
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; including Word, Excel, and Outlook is preferred
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com