Geotechnical Co-op Student
Designing for the future is about more than predicting what it looks like. It’s about having the know-how and the expertise to turn predictions into projects that deliver results and meet ever-changing needs. That’s what we do every day: for our clients, for their customers and for the sustainable future of our business and the world we operate in.
We are currently seeking a Geotechnical Co-op Student for our Fort St. John office for May-December 2020.
- Perform Geotechnical, Environmental, and Materials Testing Fieldwork.
- Perform some laboratory testing.
- Daily field reporting and documentation.
- Manage personal and some other staff workloads.
- Reviewing project specific literature and summarizing relevant information.
- Entering data and participating on various design projects.
- Participating in field investigation which may include drilling, slope stability, risk assessments and instrumentation installation.
- Topographic or construction surveying with GPS survey equipment.
- Developing reports for site investigations and construction projects.
- Developing presentation on completed projects.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university, preferably in 3rd or 4th year Civil, Geological or Mining Engineering.
- Valid Canadian driver’s license with a clean driving abstract.
- A solid understanding of MS Office.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work and travel throughout the province.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as a member of a team.
- Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills.
- Self motivated and a high level of energy.
- Good organizational, team building, and technical skills.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.