Geotechnical Engineering Intern
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
We are currently looking for a Geotechnical Engineering Intern to join the team in May 2020 for a 16-month term. Calgary based and reporting to the Manager of Geoscience and Materials, this exciting position will get you involved in a variety of construction and office projects, and with field investigations, all the while being mentored by a Professional Engineer and interacting with intermediate and senior Geotechnical Engineers
How will you contribute to the team?
- Entering data and participating on various design projects
- Participating in field investigations which may include drilling, slope stability, risk assessment, and instrument installation
- Conducting soil, concrete, and asphalt tests in the field and/or laboratory environment
- Topographic or construction surveying with GPS survey equipment
- Developing reports for site investigation and construction projects
What will you contribute?
- 3rd year student in a Bachelor of Civil Engineering program, currently enrolled in an internship or co-op program
- Valid driver’s license
- A solid understanding of Microsoft Office
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and travel throughout Alberta, and if required, other provinces
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as a member of a team
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and a high level of energy
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation and a safe and healthy work environment.
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
SNC-Lavalin values the success of its teams and the diversity of their experience. Welcoming trainees and graduates is essential for the success of our projects. You will be mentored, supported and listened to. You will have the opportunity to be part of a collaborative and innovative team. If you are looking for a challenging environment where you can thrive and participate actively in projects, do not wait any longer and join our team!
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com