Graduate Engineer - Highways
Atkins, member of the SNC-Lavalin Group is one of the world’s leading engineering firm. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
Transportation division in India supports various overseas operations, including those located in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Hong Kong. The team comprises Transport Planners, Bridge Engineers, Highways Engineers, CAD Technicians, Drainage Engineers and Virtual Reality specialists. Due to our continuing expansion we currently have an opportunity for a number of Engineers on multi-disciplinary offshore executed projects from India.
Working in a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience with a world renowned consultant.
As a member of the Highways Team you will be responsible for:
- Ability to use design software’s competently and provide on the job support to Graduate engineers/Assistant Engineers
- Undertaking checks and inspections of constructed works for compliance with design and specifications, including monitoring and proposing remedial actions
- Able to author competent technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality.
- Able to check work of all those in the project team.
- Clear knowledge of work procedures, and ability to brief project team on them.
- Ability to develop / improve niche technical capability in response to business opportunity.
- Apply Atkins Quality, Safety & Environmental (QSE) standards and Business Management System (BMS)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in design of Highways.
- Hands on experience of Open Roads, Inroads, Civil 3D (compulsory) or MX
- Working experience to DMRB/ AASHTO
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute.
- Good written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues, seniors, team members and clients.
- Experience in leading a team of junior engineers and CAD technicians.
- Experience of major highway projects at feasibility and detailed design stages.
- A team player and work in collaboration
Knowledge in French would be an advantage.